Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Who else here agrees that Ace Frehley's first solo album is better than the entire KISS oeuvre?

Why didn't they have Ace Frehley sing?

...And compose?

Jeez.

BQ: Least favorite KISS album (I know, there's a lot to choose from)?

BQ2: Favorite album from a solo artist that you love, but whose original band you hate?

Favorite Answer

O Zoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. While I wouldn't go that far (Destroyer, Double Platinum) Ace's solo album is better than MOST of KISS's catalog.

BA: The Elder

BA2: I can't think of any

• ak6702

Why didn't they let Ace sing...

Well from his mouth(I did a radio show interview back 1989\90 with the Ace on his Trouble Walking tour)

I asked him that also.

"I was scared sh*tless-That's why I sang Shock Me flat out on my back"

On composing---

"What the f*&K I'm just a guy from the Bronx I don't know how to read music"

On writing

"I just write about what I like"

bq

Carnival of Souls-Kiss doing Grunge freak-in horrible(Hey I had to buy the bootleg version before they released it).Man I could see why the record company shelved that one.

I really don't like the Police, but I love everything that Stewart Copeland (the drummer) does. He's amazing. I first heard of him because he did the soundtrack to Spyro the Dragon. He also worked with Les Claypool and Trey Anastasio in a project called Oysterhead. It was freaking fantastic.

Best of luck,

-Fox

• I like it alot but I am also a KISS fan so I wouldnt say so but it is better than their stuff after he left (Post Creatures of the Night)

BQ Asylum

BQ2 I cant think not even sure If I have one

Yep.

BQ: Yep.

BQ2: Back to the Egg - Paul McCartney

I dislike the beatles.

It sounds like I always wished KISS sounded like.

BA: Animalize, and the one that had heaven's on fire and lick it up onit. Unless that's the same album. And if that's the case I've had one to many and I shouljd put my phone down and go to bed. I kinda like my new one br apt

BA2: that new Nikki Sixx one. Kinda new anyway. New to old mf's like me. Oh sht. I'm wearing a Motley Crue shirt from Penney's. What a dork.

but does he make a better llama than gene?

bq- uhhh... cant say, im just a kiss llama poser.

bq2 - colin hay. like him, hate men at work.