Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Who else here agrees that Ace Frehley's first solo album is better than the entire KISS oeuvre?

Why didn't they have Ace Frehley sing?

...And compose?

Jeez.

BQ: Least favorite KISS album (I know, there's a lot to choose from)?

BQ2: Favorite album from a solo artist that you love, but whose original band you hate?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

O Zoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. While I wouldn't go that far (Destroyer, Double Platinum) Ace's solo album is better than MOST of KISS's catalog.

BA: The Elder

BA2: I can't think of any

• ak6702
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Why didn't they let Ace sing...

Well from his mouth(I did a radio show interview back 1989\90 with the Ace on his Trouble Walking tour)

I asked him that also.

"I was scared sh*tless-That's why I sang Shock Me flat out on my back"

On composing---

"What the f*&K I'm just a guy from the Bronx I don't know how to read music"

On writing

"I just write about what I like"

bq

Carnival of Souls-Kiss doing Grunge freak-in horrible(Hey I had to buy the bootleg version before they released it).Man I could see why the record company shelved that one.

• 1 decade ago

I really don't like the Police, but I love everything that Stewart Copeland (the drummer) does. He's amazing. I first heard of him because he did the soundtrack to Spyro the Dragon. He also worked with Les Claypool and Trey Anastasio in a project called Oysterhead. It was freaking fantastic.

Best of luck,

-Fox

• I like it alot but I am also a KISS fan so I wouldnt say so but it is better than their stuff after he left (Post Creatures of the Night)

BQ Asylum

BQ2 I cant think not even sure If I have one

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yep.

BQ: Yep.

BQ2: Back to the Egg - Paul McCartney

I dislike the beatles.

• 1 decade ago

It sounds like I always wished KISS sounded like.

BA: Animalize, and the one that had heaven's on fire and lick it up onit. Unless that's the same album. And if that's the case I've had one to many and I shouljd put my phone down and go to bed. I kinda like my new one br apt

BA2: that new Nikki Sixx one. Kinda new anyway. New to old mf's like me. Oh sht. I'm wearing a Motley Crue shirt from Penney's. What a dork.

• 1 decade ago

but does he make a better llama than gene?

bq- uhhh... cant say, im just a kiss llama poser.

bq2 - colin hay. like him, hate men at work.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.