Ramadan. Segregation question, quite serious. Recently we have watched the French and Belgium Parliaments?

wish to remove the Niqab (not the Hijab) from public places and educational institutions. In your opinion what was the catalyst for this state of affairs. Do you think that this will have a detrimental effect on the relationship between Muslims and Non Muslims in these countries, bearing in mind that only an... show more wish to remove the Niqab (not the Hijab) from public places and educational institutions. In your opinion what was the catalyst for this state of affairs. Do you think that this will have a detrimental effect on the relationship between Muslims and Non Muslims in these countries, bearing in mind that only an estimated 2000 (aprox) French Muslimia's wear this form of dress (Niqab).

The question is, I suppose integration of two very different cultures, is it possible? Religion never makes for good bed fellow's as we have seen in Belfast (the EU's only remaining structurally divided city).....or is there some way that doctrine can be changed or 'bended' to reciprocate the needs of each neighbor. How can society have peace and harmony when its people are divided and living in their own community's? On the side of the UK there is a very vocal minority within the BNP (and others) who wish to disassociate with the Islamic community and within the Muslim community there are also a very vocal minority (Islam4UK etc) who wish to antagonize the indigenous populace with outrageous posturing (march through Wooton Bassett). From your point of view (and I mainly point this question to British Muslims, Reverts or otherwise) is there any hope for the future for all of our children.

Please state your opinions in a manner of two parties meeting in the middle and not a one sided approach.

Please also give your opinions on the French Parliaments rulings and the possible outcome.

Thanking yous beings for yours answering, muslimas may also answer........
Update: Oh and please don't think i am putting words in your mouths and minds by quoting JFK.....'Ask not what your Country can do for you, ask what You can do for your Country.....so i wouldn't mind reciprocal answers such as....well if they did this we could do that and pretty soon there would not be a... show more Oh and please don't think i am putting words in your mouths and minds by quoting JFK.....'Ask not what your Country can do for you, ask what You can do for your Country.....so i wouldn't mind reciprocal answers such as....well if they did this we could do that and pretty soon there would not be a 'them or us'.
Update 2: Jameela, i agree freedom is freedom and should not be twisted, remember though...'All men are born free, but some men are more free than others'!
Update 3: Mickey some good points but change (as always) must be met with change, and don't forget change is the main component to uncertainty....so it would not happen tomorrow!
Update 4: Abdullah Ibn Saba, I think that is a really logical answer, sad to see that on some occasions yours/and other voices have been drowned out (on both sides of the coin [if there is one]).
Update 5: Space Gazer.....I sincerely hope that you are wrong, and please do not paste the whole of the EU with the same brush. While we have our problems the UK has a very vibrant Muslim community and i would be surprised and dismayed if the choices the French have made make their way over the channel..thank you
11 answers 11