what are your thoughts on assisted suicide?

like by a doctor.

(i'm ok, btw for those who might be concerned by this question).

19 Answers

Relevance
  • TSM
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I believe that if one has the right to live, they have the right to die.

However, I think this is something that should be legally sanctioned as it is done in Sweden (or Norway...some country like that.)

I also think Oregon is the state that has laxer laws on this with major stipulations, of course.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm all for it. There are too many people in the world as it is. If someone would like to end their life due to an illness or just complete unhappiness and suffering who am to judge?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depends on the situation. If it's a normal dude who is just suicidal, it's wrong. If it's a guy who has stated he'd never want to be a vegetable and now is a vegetable and has few people who'd miss him, go for it.

• 1 decade ago

I'm on the fence with this one. Some people want to die, but some of them don't mean it and want to go through with it. People just need help and shouldn't put through their loved ones heartache. Hey, Dr. Kavorkian had no problem with it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Obviously it's wrong. Whatever someone is going through,

the people around them should be supportive and show

them love. They should tell them that it'll be OK and get

them special treatment. I think whoever encourages that

is just psycho. Everyone's life is valuable in one way or

the other, it just takes a while to figure that out.

• 1 decade ago

I think if the person who is suffering wishes it to be done, then they should have the option. Dying slowly and painfully is not something I would want to go through or watch a loved one go through.

• 1 decade ago

I think it always depends on the case and there should not be a general law or rule regarding it...

I think that if it is in the patients best interest then it is fine :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Funnny

• 1 decade ago

I believe that all living things should have the right to die with dignity if that's what they choose.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think it should be legal, not only for terminally ill people but for anyone that wants to die a painless death. People should be able to die if they wanna die!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.