Who is lying: NASA's Charles Bolden or the White House?

From the WSJ:

"White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Monday that NASA Administrator Charles Bolden must have misspoken when he told Al Jazeera last month that one of his top priorities is to reach out to Muslim countries.

"'That was not his task and that's not the task of NASA,' Gibbs said.

"Bolden, though, said last month in the interview that it was President Obama who gave him that task. He made a similar claim in February...."

Somebody is lying here...is it Gibbs/Obama or is it Bolden?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/12/white-h...

Update:

Billy, there are two possibilities here: either one party is lying, or one party completely misunderstood and mis-heard the conversation. Now ask yourself how anyone could possibly misunderstand a clear statement of what his/her agency's main task is. Then ask yourself why s/he would lie about it.

The most plausible explanation is that the Administration was surprised and embarrassed by all the attention Bolden's statement received. The WH then tried to distance itself from the statement by saying it was untrue. So Gibbs is accusing Bolden either of lying or of failing to turn up his hearing aid. Now ask yourself why he was talking to Al Jazeera in the first place, if not to send a bridge-building message to the Muslim community.

So Gibbs is either lying, or Obama was mumbling when he spoke to Bolden, or Bolden is deaf.

You tell me which is the most likely explanation.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'll go with Obama, since he's kowtowed to everyone and everything else up to now.

Well, everyone except Americans.

• 10 years ago

Must be Gibbs, I read last week that Bolden said , his prime objective is to reach out to the Muslims, It caught my eye because he should be interested solely in his job which was given to him by Obama. And can anyone help but see that this is connected with race and religion.

Source(s): Reason upon reason to get away from the people or party that put Obama in office.
  • ster
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

No Muslims know that the Heavens are complete of Houri (Virgins) who's greater advantageous acceptable than NASA to make the dream of seventy two Virgins a fact. Dare to Dream like your fathers of an afternoon whilst Muslim adult males can return and forth to Heaven flow to their Houri and return to Jihad

• 10 years ago

The white house

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

the press Secretary Gibbs

• 10 years ago

Your first assumption is always that people are lying. You never allow an innocent mistake to pass. No one is allowed to trip over his own tongue, in your eyes it always means something sinister.

• Liz
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

My money is on the White house. It isn't their first lie Lol.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.