I went swimming in a pool with chlorine with my eyebrow piercing that I just gone done a week ago...?

and now I have this yellowish stuff around each of the balls. It's only a little bit, but does this mean that its getting infected? I've been cleaning it right, and everything, but did the chlorine mess it up?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

This happened to my rook piercing. The chlorine is too strong and irritated your piercing. A reaction to something becoming irritated is, of course, oozing pus. Be gentle when you clean it, obviously keep cleaning it, and stay out of the pool until it's had a chance to heal better. Believe me, it'll be worth it-- if it gets any worse, nothing could be uglier than a botched eyebrow.

• 9 years ago

If anything the chlorine would have helped keep it clean and kill bacteria. If it is infected, it isn't from the pool.

To meggie: bacteria infects things...not chemicals. If you went into a chlorinated pool with a cut it would clean the wound out and help it heal faster.

• Meggie
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

The people who said chlorine would clean it know nothing.It is a harsh chemical and would irritate or infect it.Your supposed to wait at least two weeks to go to the pool.The beach is fine since it's clean.Just keep cleaning it with warm sea salt and it should be ok.If it doesn't get any better in a week or two go to the piercer to get it checked out.

Source(s): 17 piercings
  • 9 years ago

Chlorine cleans things out. So it's not infected, it's just getting rid of all the dirt and such.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Chlorine kills things.

• 9 years ago

yellow stuff around your balls? WOW thats serious stuff . go to the gynocologist asap!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.