My wireless router's connection range is very low. How do I fix this?

Hey guys, I have a very old router it's a BUFFALO WHR- G54s router and it just does the weirdest thing. When I place my laptop right next to the computer it's signal strength ranges from fair and good, never very good. The router is situated in my game room so anywhere in my game room my laptop's... show more Hey guys, I have a very old router it's a BUFFALO WHR- G54s router and it just does the weirdest thing. When I place my laptop right next to the computer it's signal strength ranges from fair and good, never very good. The router is situated in my game room so anywhere in my game room my laptop's connection is fairly good. But when I move out of my game room into any other part in the house it loses connection completely. I've tried everything, I've reset the router's settings, I cleared away things that could be blocking it's connection for example television sets and home phones (cell phones as well). I'm in desperate need for help for I do not want to stay in the game room for the rest of my life. Does anyone know the answer to this issue?
1 answer 1