E. asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 10 years ago

what do you think of the name Effy / Effie?

whatever way you wanna spell it.

whats a full name for the name Effy / Effie?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's one of all-time favourites! Whenever I suggest it, people don't like it, but I love it.

It can be used as a nickname for Elizabeth, although that's not an obvious one and she could end up being called Lizzie instead.

Also - Stephanie, Serafina, Persephone (Per-sef-uh-nee), Effanie.

It's of Greek descent, and can be used as a nickname for the Greek name Ephrosene, pronounced Eff-ruh-see-nee. I was almost named that after my grandma (:

And, I've heard people say it sounds childish....watch 'Skins' and the name will never sound childish again, aha!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Effie Name Meaning

• 10 years ago

Bit effing iffy, if you ask me... No seriously, there's an Effy in the TV program Skins (which my family love watching), bit of a tearaway, whose "real" name is Elizabeth. Effie is the more common spelling, a nickname for people called Euphemia. See below for more details. I've also heard a Stephanie called Effie.

• 10 years ago

Effy/Effie is usually short for Stephanie. I have a friend called Stephanie and we called her Effy when we were younger. I love the name Stephanie but Effy sounds childish now and Effie looks like it's spelt wrong :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

I think its pretty :)

I prefer the spelling Effie though, it looks nicer. I do like Effie as a nickname, but I'm not sure what for.. I think its nice by itself though, and it doesn't sound too informal.

*Full names;

Euphemia

Seraphine

Seraphina

Persephone

Stephanie

*Katie.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I just love it but I think to be safe it should be a nickname (but you can always refer to her as that and introduce her as Effie)

Effie looks classier than Effy I think

• 10 years ago

Not a personal favorite but as someone else who is getting ready to name my child I'm learning that it's not about what others think. If you and the father like the name then I say go for it.

• 10 years ago

Effie is a beautiful name..

It has a greek origin and the full name is either Ifigenea or Efterpee.

Source(s): my aunt, cousin, friend. A LOT OF EFFIES AROUND:)
  • 10 years ago

I like Effy better...i think it's nice.

• 3 years ago

i like Elizabeth more beneficial. you may also call her Francesca Elizabeth or Elizabeth Francesca, in spite of if i'd actually recommend Elizabeth, in basic terms reason the call Francesca jogs my memory of someone gruesome.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.