Dulcinea asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 years ago

How does an extrovert turn into introvert?

I used to be such a social animal. I'd get bored if I wasn't around people, and lonely if I didn't have several parties to go to during the week. I used to go out 3-4x a week salsa dancing, sometimes more if I saw friends who weren't into salsa dancing. I knew everybody who knew everybody...

Then I moved abroad and people started to tell me I told too much about myself, I was selfish, loud, just a wreck. That I didn't know what I wanted. And then I had a horrible break up, couldn't find a job for a year, lost my health insurance and everything. Had to move back in with my parents for a year while I looked for a job.

Since then, I got a job, but now I'm very cautious. I don't open up much, I'm always contemplating things... I find it stressful to go out more than once a week. I need alot of alone time to center and catch up on sleep. And even seeing good friends, it drains me...

I don't know what is going on. It's like I"m a different person. Why do I feel so drained when I go out now? Why have I become such an introvert?

• Matt
    Best Answer

I think it's possible to train oneself to latch onto different social strategies. I used to also be quite the extrovert. Even after quitting drugs and taking Adderall (for ADHD) I enjoyed going out and talking to large groups of friends. But I then became serious with school, passing the CPA exam, and work. Additionally, I met my girlfriend who is subdued and relatively introverted.

I mostly spent time only with my girlfriend for 2 years, so I think I adopted some of her mannerisms. I rarely go out with friends anymore, and when I do go out I'm the quiet & shy person in the group instead of the animated, giddy guy I used to be.

No one becomes either an introvert or an extravert ,an introvert is naturally born this way.you just going through a stage of too much stress in your lilfestyle and now you feel drained out of energy.

extrovert people like you go through a great deal of stress because their lifestyle is very active and they hardly take time to get enough rest and slow down that crazy and wild lifestyle.I'm an introvert myself and I'm on my way to 40s and guess what? I look as if I was in my 20s.however,a younger person in her/his twenties look older than their age.you've got to take life easy and slow down,get more rest,more sleep which is good for your brain and your skin.a fast,wild and crazy lifestyle accompanied by too much drinking and smoking ruin your health and your skin begins wrinkling fast.

Source(s): Self-help books

Have you ever thought you could be bipolar?

For everything a read it seems to me you are and some tablets to level you humour do wonders.

I new a friend of mine just like that and much older than you. When reading your answer I herd exactly the same things he told me.

He went to a lot thinking when the answer was just in front of is nose.

Sometimes long depressions happened before diagnoses.

To be depressed or to be the full of the court is not nice. My friend used to be very tiered.

Espero que tenha ajudado:)

Bjs.

Well, if you've been through a lot of stress recently it is going to impact your mental state, especially if you are not getting enough sleep every night. It's impossible to switch from being an extravert to an introvert because we are born as one or the other.

You totally answered your own question by providing the negative things about yourself and your situation to make you act differently.