Jon asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 years ago

In the state of Ohio, is it illegal for an 18 year old male to have sex with a 16 year old female?

we've been dating for 6 months, and 4 or 5 months ago her parents sat down and we "talked" and they said if they ever catch/find out we are/had sex, they would file and press charges, and id become a registered sex offender and go to jail. does anyone know how much of this is actually true? thank you

Update:

well now im just confused, one answer says its illegal the other says its not haha. im just curious as to how far they could take it and how serious the court would look at it.

that law says "between thirteen and sixteen" im not sure how technical it gets but she's 16 and a half she'll be 17 in december..so she'll be 17 this year. ill be 19 next march.

Update 2:

okay...that website says it is legal for a 16 year old to consent to have sex with someone older..but since shes still a minor cant her father still press charges?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It is not true. check out this site. there is nothing that anyone can do. the legal age of consent for sex in the state of ohio is 16.

http://www.webistry.net/jan/consent.html

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/ohio...

hope i was helpful. I have been there. met my husband when i was 16. he was 17 and we went through this..i live in pa and same here..legal age of consent is 16..i am now 24 and we are still together and married almost 4 years with twin 2 year olds :)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

It is very true. when it comes to sexual conduct with a minor (under 18), the laws are very staraight forward. The only way that sexual conduct is legal with an underager is if their parents approve.. and no joke.. get that in writing. seriously. i knew a kid in the military that dated this 17yr old and had the green light from her parents but as all toung relationships, it ended and the girl filed charges against him.. for the sex they had while they where dating. long to short. the guy got dishonorable discharged and charged for stagetory rape. i know you's are only 2yrs apart but, This is'nt worth it man. too risky. theres many more fish in the sea.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

"2907.04 Unlawful sexual conduct with minor.

(A) No person who is eighteen years of age or older shall engage in sexual conduct with another, who is not the spouse of the offender, when the offender knows the other person is thirteen years of age or older but less than sixteen years of age, or the offender is reckless in that regard. {§ 2907.04}."

So no it is not illegal. However, they could have you jailed for keeping her out late. Her parents could also forbid her to see you and then report you for still seeing her as contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I reside in N.C, and that i severely do not believe there's a regulation that says you cannot date anyone like two yrs. more youthful than you. that might be a relatively dumb regulation. LOL. good i am guessing that it is you short of to head out with the sixteen 12 months. historic-and do it! Age does not subject in real love =]

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Josh

You are an adult, she is a juvenile. They may be able to make your life miserable. Nothing worse than a wronged parent. You may want to think about walking away from this one. No good can come from it!

Soccerref

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.