**** him and the horse he rode in on.. What does that mean?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Erin
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's usually said angrily when someone doesn't even want to deal with the person they're saying it to (hence the "f*ck you" or "screw you" part of the phrase). The "and the horse you rode in on" part just extends it by cursing the means that brought you to them or lamenting that you're in their presence at all. So, it's basically saying screw you and screw your horse for bringing you here. I'm not sure of the origin, but I'd assume it dates back to when people actually used horses for their primary means of transportation.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's a phrase telling someone to get lost / back off after they've entered a situation in an unwelcomely pushy way, behaving as if they had automatic authority (as if, metaphorically, they'd ridden in on a horse, like a sheriff coming to take charge).

For instance, if a long-standing club is having a meeting, and a newcomer arrives and starts talking as if they're the club's organiser, "F*** you and the horse you rode in on" is what people might be thinking.

• muncie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

**** You And The Horse

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

**** him and the horse he rode in on.. What does that mean?

Source(s): horse rode mean: https://shortly.im/O9G8W
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's a derogatory term. I'm sure you know about the "****" him part; if you're questioning the "horse he rode in on" part, I take that to mean that the person is culturally unsophisticated or a "hick". In today's terminology, he'd be called a "redneck".

• Maria
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/av7mT

Not to forget ND has enough oil and coal to provide for the US for over 50 years. But curiosity is right, many of us are assholes(I think we lose our social skills during the long cold winters). Edit: Forgot about the wind power until I walked outside.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.