Look at the human eye, it requires great intelligence to create, but then look at the bible, it's literary jib?

Ted Haggard etc said the human eye is so amazing it must mean God made it. So God made all the amazing galaxies, stars, heart, liver, hands, thumbs, eyes, ears. but then when it comes time to write something, ie the bible , it turns into all literary jibberish ? adam begot steve begot mike begot ricky begot marky begot joey

Favorite Answer

if ted haggard and any one believes that the human eye is the most complicated or amazing thing in this world they must be blind from the "amazing" eye they see from

• Lindy

There have been many people who needed to hear all the lineage of Jesus. It was very important to say where the Messiah was from, the generations. He had to fulfill the prophecies and to be in the direct line that the Messiah was to be born in to claim He was the right one. I was thinking today about how the birds and animals know to do the things they do. How genetics make so many things happen. Then who wrote the genetic patterns?

Aren't those graphics on your computer screen even more amazing? It took humans less than 5000 years to progress to be able to capture, store and transmit graphics and information via inanimate objects to mass transmission of such digital information. That is the evolution of Science in one area. . . . information technology.

What about spontaneous evolution of millions of species through a period of 3 billion years? Lots might fail and move on some wrong tracks, but many still move on the paths of least resistance to adapt to the harsh environments to develop senses vital for survival.

Actually, God didn't write the Bible--men did. And, actually, the Bible, not considering the religious aspect of it, is full of beautiful language that easily tops some of the great literature from around the world. Try Psalms or Proverbs, they both offer great examples of what I'm talking about.

Yeah all that begot stuff and all I got out of it was this lousy t-shirt. Like any of that information tells you how to live your life.

You know, as a young boy I considered Shakespeare and Shelly to be literary jib. I guess it was indicative of my immaturity, and not the quality of their work. You do see where I'm going here...

The bible is,and has been the best seller world wide forever.The bible verses of years past,match medical knowledge of the day.You can match verse w/ any situation you face today w things written thousands of years ago,I would hardly call that gibberish, atheist or not.

the bible is not gibberish

god's thoughts are far above ours

god had to actually dumb it down for mankind so most could understand it

other wise no one would understand it

1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

If they couldn't even get the eye right, who do you expect them to be able to read and write?

Many animals have much better sight than we do.