Kaily L asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 10 years ago

What is your favorite type of dance?

i really want to take dance lessons but i dont know which type of dance i should do. so what is your favorite?

p.s i am 12 years old

Favorite Answer

Ballet. It is the foundation of all dance! Ballet strengthens your body in ways that no other form of dance can. It is very repetitive and can seem very boring to some, but this is where technique and precision are learned. Ballet has a variety of movements that strengthen and integrate the vestibular and proprioceptive systems of the body, much more so than other types of dance. All of the dancers that began with ballet were able to easily learn other forms of dance. However, those that started with another type had a much harder time learning other types of dance. In my experience if you know ballet you can do anything, but not necessarily vice-versa.

I enjoy ballet a lot because it makes me feel very graceful and pretty.

Source(s): ballet dancer for 12 years :)

Well, if you're twelve and you're looking for a fun class, I would suggest jazz. It's really fun, you get to move a lot, and you dance to popular songs. Like you sometimes dance to like Lady Gaga and Iyaz and stuff!! It's realllly fun!!!

But also, if you are looking to be really good and have a nice technique, I would suggest ballet. It isn't always as fun as jazz, but it is the base of almost all dance forms and it really helps with everything.

Those are the two I would suggest for you.

GOOD LUCK!

Source(s): me myself and i

All styles of dance are great, it just depends on what suits you best.

Personally, my favorite is hip hop. I love it because it's so much fun and there's no rules to it. Like in ballet you have to have your leg extended at the perfect degree and your toes must be pointed at all times...But in hip hop you can really just let loose and be yourself, show your true personality by adding some of your own attitude and variation to the moves. Plus hip hop really gives you strength in your upper body and core and you learn lots of cool tricks and isolations. It boosts your confidence and I really suggest it, especially if you're someone who likes to show off or you have a lot of energy.

Ballet is good for technique but it can be hard to master. I remember first learning I was so discouraged because I couldn't do anything, but slowly I got the hang of it and it really makes you feel beautiful and graceful (plus it helps with your balance and turns).

Jazz is a lot of fun, it's also one of my favorites. I highly suggest jazz because I see it as the main part of dance. If you ever want to be on a dance team for your school or audition for something, you need to be good at jazz. It's great for beginning dancers.

Tap usually requires you to be pretty quick on your feet. I don't currently take tap but I used to and I assist a younger kids tap class. It's personally not my favorite, but a lot of people love it so watch some tap videos and if you like it, then try it.

Those are the four basic styles of dance but there's many more to choose from (modern, lyrical, pointe, etc...). It really depends on where you want to go with dance. If you want to become a serious dancer then I suggest jazz and ballet as a start. If you just want to take a class or two for fun as an after school activity, then take hip hop, jazz, or tap. Look for some videos of different dancing styles of youtube to get an idea of what you like. Or you can go to your local dance studio and ask to watch some classes so you can choose. Good luck, and have fun dancing!

• My personal favorite is lyrical, but jazz is very versatile and can teach you great technique. Ballet can be more difficult but it's great style to know because many ballet moves are incorporated into other styles as well. If you just want to take classes for fun, i recommend hip hop or jazz because they aren't quite as demanding. But if you're looking to take dancing more serious I would say go with ballet :]

Hope I helped!

Source(s): Imma dancer :]

Belly dancing !

Its fun, feminine, sexy and keeps you in tip - top shape ! It works muscles ballet could never ! And it so fun !!!!!!! Oriental (Greek/Turkish/Egyptian) is generally very upbeat and bouncy and sensual. Props such as veils and Isis Wings are used. In Tribal Fusion, the beat is generally slower and REALLY works your muscles and is quite sexy. It is built off the foundations of yoga and American Tribal Style belly dance. Props such as veils, Isis Wings, swords, fire throwers and canes are used.

Belly dance is the best !!!!!!

Source(s): Belly dancer !!!!!!! =)

I love watching Swing dance, and some latin dances like the Tango, Cha-cha-cha, Rumba, Samba, Salsa and more.

I love Jazz! i am thirteen, but if up beat isn't what you like, then i also recommend contemporary, i also like that.

Source(s): dancer for 12 years

I personally like ballet.

bboying and popping

Very free form. There is no limit to it

• Erin

contemporary is always cool. But whatever suits you best is what you should study.