Does anyone know when the Taurus Raging Judge Magnum will be for sale?

It's the new Taurus Judge that shoots 410 GA, .454 Casull, and 45 Long Colt ammunition. I want it with the 6" barrel. Can anyone tell me when this firearm hits the shelves?

fyi eddieroachr, i have a mossy 12 GA. it was only $315. that judge magnum is gonna be over $900. get your money right dude.

Favorite Answer

I have to agree with the first answerer. I know that a lot of people are attacted to the Judge, but it is a gimmic gun and has little use.

I bought a Judge two years ago because of the .45 LC and .410 capability. For shooting up close and personal it was OK, but the accuracy is not very good, so anything past immediate self defense is not good.

If you just have to have one (and I understand, I did. .. ) then maybe give it six months past release and watch for second hand sales as people who buy them get over the novelty and realize that the gun is not so good.

The .410 slugs are not as good as .45 LC, and the .45 LC (as well as the .454 Casull) will have too much headspace between the cartridge and the forcing cone, resulting in sporadic accuracy (see Chuck Hawks review).

I debated the wisdom of my purchase with a Handgun magazine editor, claiming the .410 was handy for night time astronomy viewing in the deep desert. Rattlesnake are a problem and that was my 'excuse' for buying the gun: .410 shot for the snakes, .45 LC for drug runners.

He talked me into trying shotshells in my .45 ACP and I was pleasantly surprised to find they were more effective than the .410 shotshells in the Judge. Now I keep three shotshells followed by four Golden Sabers in my Kimber UCII when I go out to the desert.

Just a thought.

Source(s): Owned the Judge, have a .454 Casull, reload.

The 28 guage revolver showed up at the SHOT show and on several shot show review sites. Before too long, the BATF came and got it and shortly thereafter, all mention of it disappeared from the review sites. Apparently Taurus' legal department missed several points. Just being rifled does not make it legal. There are no established 55* caliber revolver cartridges and if they were, they would be deemed distructive devices under the National Firearms' Act. (The sporting use exception never has been applied to handguns so 50 caliber is the current limit) The smaller judge revolvers get by since they are 45 colt or 454 Casull revolvers that happen to shoot 410 shot shells too. * Hamilton Bowen- the premier custom revolversmith did build a legal Black Powder revolver for the 577 boxer cartridge or something closely equivalent. It cost him a lot of time and money getting the authorizaition and tax stamp from the BATF.

• osmers

Raging Judge Magnum

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): taurus raging judge magnum sale: https://shortly.im/OTFPm

I wouldn't buy one. As the previous man "BD_king" says, .45 Colt (aka .45 Long Colt) shotshells are better than .410 in a pistol, so just buy a good one in .45 Colt and forget the .410 option that's not such a good idea in long guns, let alone short ones. look at some Colt "Peacemaker" copies or S&W double-actions in .45 Colt and buy one of them instead of the Taurus. If you must have a .454 Casull, be prepared to part with lots of cash.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/.../tauruss-new-raging-judge-magnum march 10 accordinge to this blog hello get a real gun ok sand w ,,colt pump shot gun this are junk and you get what you pay for just save up a 2-3 hundred more or get a mosseburg 500,,,

Source(s): exp a many new and improved ,,bigger is better ,,,,,';'][][][[][[

It's a waste of money. The judge is a poorly thought out firearm that still seems to sell well to the PR blitz they have had over the past few years.