Why did Super Junior divide into subgroups?

I mean, did the fans want it? Idk I just want an answer cuz I love Super Junior!!! ^_^ lol ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Favorite Answer

super junior divided into different subgroups so they don't limit their activities, and to show that the group can cover different genres.

Super Junior K.R.Y- Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Yesung

they had similar music qualities, so they were grouped to target a more mature audience. they're credited to singing mournful, R&B ballads since they are the most vocally powerful in the group.

Super Junior- T: T meaning trot. The members are Leeteuk, Heechul, Kangin, Shindong, Sungmin, and Eunhyuk

SM formed this group to revive the old music genre which he saw was dying away.

Super Junior- M- Hankyung, Siwon, Donghae, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Zhou Mi, and Henry.

They were formed to focus entirely on the Chinese market as a response to their rising popularity in China.

Super Junior- Happy: Leeteuk, Yesung, Kangin, Shindong, Sungmin, Eunhyuk

Their music style involves contemporary dance music and bubblegum pop. It targets the music industry with their fun and entertaining style.

i hope this helped! sorry it was long! i LOVE super junior too!

K.R.Y: Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, and Yesung.

Happy: Leeteuk, Yesung, Kang-in, Shindong, Sungmin, and Eunhyuk.

T: Leeteuk, Heechul, Kang-in, Shindong, Sungmin, and Eunhyuk.

M: Han Geng, Donghae, Siwon, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, *Henry and *Zhou Mi were added in for this subgroup. I think SuJu-M is on hiatus since Geng left. :[

They're still Super Junior, but the sub-groups sing songs that appeal to more than just the usual fan base. K.R.Y is targeted to more mature audiences since its mostly ballad songs, Happy is mainly bubblegum pop for teens and children, T is trot music (old Korean style music), and M is mainly Mandarin Chinese songs for China.

I guess they did it so Super Junior could cater to people of different ages and plus they have Super Junior M so they could cater to Chinese fans ^^

<333 Hope this helps and im a E.L.F too hehe :D