How do you thing the Jets will fare this year?

They went to the AFC Championship game last year and they got additions this year. And there already good players (Sanchez and Greene) have gotten better I bet. how do you think they will do this year.

Favorite Answer

They have a complete team on both sides of the ball. I understand that people see their 9-7 record, "lucky" wins at the end of the season and a QB with 20 interceptions and think its an easy call to not buy into the hype, but they have all the pieces to make a legitimate championship run.

Obviously it all starts with their defense, the strength of which is their secondary, which has three cornerbacks that can man up on any given receiver (including arguably the best at the position) and a stable of reliable though unspectacular safeties. As talented as their secondary is they also a very good linebacking corps and defensive line.

Bart Scott and David Harris are arguably the best inside linebacker duo in the NFL, Calvin Pace is a very good jack of all trades linebacker on the strong side and they have a good run stopper in Bryan Thomas and a good pass rusher in Jason Taylor to rotate on the weak side.

Their defensive line is also very solid. Kris Jenkins will probably miss a few games, but when he's healthy he's one of the most disruptive nose tackles in the NFL and Sione Pouha played very well filling in for him last year. Shaun Ellis is a legit top 10 3-4 defensive end and Mike DeVito and Marques Douglas had a very effective rotation going on last year and they're actually trying Vernon Gholston as a 3-4 DE, so though none are spectacular it shouldn't hold them back.

They also have one of the best defensive coaches in recent memory whose scheme alone generates a decent amount of pressure, even without a legitimate pass rusher whose not far past his prime.

The offense has one of the best offensive lines in the NFL and a trio of receivers that could be the #1 on many teams. The health of the running backs may be an issue, but with a line like that it won't really matter who's taking the handoffs. Sanchez obviously needs to prove that he can keep the complete meltdowns to a minimum, but if you take out his god awful performances in weeks 4, 6 and 11 he threw 9 picks in 12 starts, which is more than acceptable for a rookie QB, and if he plays around that same level on a consistent basis their offense will put up more than enough points to win.

I see 9 games that they should win (weeks 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16 and 17). I see them splitting the season series with the Pats, I could see the Dolphins taking the game in Miami and they should win 2-3 of the games against the Ravens, Vikes, Steelers and Packers, especially since the Steelers are the only one they're playing away from the Meadowlands. Given a margin of error of around two games I'd say that they look like they should win around 10-13 games.

I probably come off as a huge homer, but though I've always loved the Jets I've never before had much faith in them, and definitely not to the extent that I'd see them winning 10+ games. But knowing the Jets they'll find some way to screw it up.

• I`m curious to know just as much as everyone. The standards are set very high, so it`s pretty much Super Bowl win or bust.

The fans will be pretty furious, if they don`t. The additions they made this past offseason makes everyone think they`ll be great, but you never know until you actually start playing on the field.

I say they at least go to the divisional playoff round. If you wanna a record, maybe 11-5 ish or 12-4.

i do no longer the Bengals crammed adequate holes on the two area of the ball this previous low season to make an impact. i do no longer see them surpassing 5 wins. i'm hoping i'm incorrect. i could choose to verify the Bengals and Browns provide the Ravens and Steelers a run for their money back. that is been a protracted time since each and all of the communities in the AFC North have been aggressive.

9 wins tops. They squeaked into the playoffs last season. Did I say squeaked? I meant given a playoff berth by Indy when the decided to ruin football for everyone by resting their starters...

Face it. Without 2 gimme games from Indy and Cincy (who gave the Jets that final game of the regular season, similar to what happened with Green Bay and Arizona the same week) the Jets miss the playoffs.

Sanchez isn't good enough to lead this team back to the playoffs.

I think with their playing style they are a very inconsistent team and I think they will be somewhere between 7-8 and 10-6. I dont see 11 or more wins

Jets wont get any where they'll be lucky if they get 7 wins

• ?

great on paper im the biggest fan and i to see people tell me 13-3 is great too me so thats i think

fall back to 8-8

they suck