What other groups outside Atheist, liberation theology, and Holly Wood that mostly makeup liberal progressive?

Others besides NAACP, and KBG.

KGB sorry about that

Socialism are forms of humanism that replaces God with the human Government as god. Biblical Christian charity is from the heart, not forced out by taxes to pay for a abusive system. When To much to much when one cannot pay his debt because of taxes? That is not Godly either.

Don't you thank we should streamline the system we have to were they can be affordable instead adding on more debt that we can not afford?

Define poor in the United States? Our poor are rich compared to many other counters. Most poor I see are self inflected by drugs and alcohol. When I give out food baskets most will not even help me carry them in and I am old handicapped. I see more abuce of tax mony in Gary Indiana by bouth politicians and many of the people that use it one can not call it anything else but thealf. There must be a better way.

The heresy of social justice and collective salvation of Jermiah Wright and Jim Wallis is not Bible but Marxist. It is the integration of marxist and liberation theology.

In a Republic, what part of WE THE PEOPLE do you not understand. God given rights to correct our mistakes.

I will not shut up but stand on the promises of God and His Charity.

• Best Answer

Many others. I'm a Christian and I would not say I endorse "liberation theology". I used to consider myself a conservative and I still am conservative on many social issues. However the modern conservative movement only focuses on economic issues and they run this country like a corporation with the rich being the stockholders. They run the nation for the exclusive benefit of the rich. That is not Godly.

The scriptures say we are judged by how we treat the least, not the wealthy, and it did not say excluding government. Romans 13 basically says to pay your taxes and shut up, not to whine and claim the government is illegitimate.

It's not Godly to drive down the wages of hard working Americans for the benefit of the few. It's not Godly to tell people to "get a job" when there are no jobs and we all know it but it sounds good. It's not Godly to discriminate based on factors beyond a persons control. It's not Godly to whine about taxes you can easily afford to pay and advocate a system that benefits yourself to the detriment of many others less able to pay. It's not Godly to allow the prices of basic necessities like heath care to rise to astronomical levels and say only the rich can get it.

Problem is that the scriptures do not endorse this notion that government "charity" is an abomination. They just don't. Yes it's better if people want to give but it does not condemn a centralized way to distribute that charity to those who need it.

This charity people complain about is done by laws passed by people who were elected, so it's done with the consent of the governed. Now maybe each individual person does not agree, but we can't run a practical system that way.

Can't afford to pay? If you make 1 million dollars a year, under the current system, the Federal income tax, the one you guys hate the most, before any write offs, exemptions or deductions you will pay just over 33%, with these exemptions, write offs, credits and deductions it's usually more like 25%-28% and thatch for a millionaire.

If you make 1 million dollars a year and get $720,000-$750,000+ and say you can't afford to live, I just don't feel sorry for you.

Quakers

Don't forget the Bush Administration had the FBI following those mean old Quakers.

Liberals just tend to have fewer people from the insufferable p**** sects. Beyond that they cover the whole range of Christianity. You can admit now, you're not a tenth of the Christian Jimmy Carter is.

What is the conservative obsession with the Hollywood elite? You rant about them all day, but you elect them whenever possible. Reagan, the Governator, Sonny Bono. You're bigger star-f***** than entertainment tonight.

"Progressives" in either a political or a social sense, come from all walks of life - a lot of farmers, athletes, "mainstream" Christians, trades-people etc etc etc, subscribe to progressive ideas of fairness, generosity towards the less fortunate, fighting greed and corruption in "high places", opposing repression and unfair practices at all levels of society and so forth. Religious beliefs have little to do with the desire to promote change for the better in society.