Byrdman asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 10 years ago

Rate my Fantasy Football team!?

So its my first Fantasy Football team of the year, usually make 3. I like to get started early lol.

This is a standard 10 man, NFL-Managed League on NFL.com. I had the 4th overall pick in the draft.

Starters:

QB - Philip Rivers

RB - Ray Rice

RB - DeAngelo Williams

WR - Randy Moss

WR - Steve Smith (Panthers)

WR - Donald Driver

TE - Owen Daniels

K - Rob Bironas

DEF - Cowboys

Bench:

QB - Donovan McNabb

RB - Pierre Thomas

RB - LaDainian Tomlinson

WR - Kenny Britt

WR - Early Doucet

DEF - Broncos

haha okay. Heres my actual draft results.

Round 1: Ray Rice

Round 2: Randy Moss

Round 3: DeAngelo Williams

Round 4: Philip Rivers

Round 5: Steve Smith

Round 6: Donald Driver

Round 7: Owen Daniels

Round 8: Dallas Cowboys D

Round 9: Pierre Thomas

Round 10: Rob Bironas

Round 11: Kenny Britt

Round 12: Donovan McNabb

Round 13: LaDainian Tomlinson

Round 14: Early Doucet

Round 15: Denver Broncos D

Favorite Answer

Phillip Rivers - Although a V-Jax sit out could hurt him, Rivers play making ability is 2nd to none and he has finished as a top 8 fantasy QB in 3 of the last 4 years.

Ray Rice - Elite RB

Deangelo Williams - Very solid RB 2, we have him in the 3rd tier of RB's. Williams will probably get around 250 carries in 2010, and he also has extra incentive as he is in a contract year.

Randy Moss - Moss is a Tier 2 WR in our books, although his value gets a boost in Touchdown heavy leagues. Moss's age makes him a candidate to fall off the cliff soon, but based on his 2009 season, we don't think he is ready for that in 2010.

Steve Smith - The problem with Smith is he is on a run heavy team, with a young QB and nobody to help take the pressure off in the passing game. He is also over 30 years old which is never good. After he recovers from his injury, he will be a solid WR 2, but we are not expecting him to put up WR 1 numbers in 2010.

Donald Driver - Diver is too old with broken knees. I like Britt much better than Driver.

Owen Daniels - If his knee holds up, he is an elite talent in an ideal situation.

Rob Bironas - solid

Cowboys - solid

Donovan McNabb - Very good QB 2, although Washington's O-Line scares us a bit. make sure you start him against Philly ;)

Pierre Thomas - We love him this year, contract year, he gets goal line carries, has great hands in an explosive offense... I could go on and on. I think he has a great chance to be your 2nd best RB by seasons end.

LT - No real value unless Greene gets hurt or the scoring system is PPR. Of course the Jets have not yet announced a goal line back, so we will see....

Kenny Britt - Very much like Dwayne Bowe. Tremendous talent, but has his head screwed on crooked. If he gets his crap together, he will shine. VY loves to throw to him, and I think the Titans have finally found a true #1.

Early Doucet - If he is the starter over Breaston, his stock rises. If not, monitor him this season, as he is loaded with talent.

Broncos - decent, they will only play 1 week.

To have this type of personalized and detailed info at your beckon call all season long,

check out http://www.fantasyfootballstaff.com

This team is virtually impossible to obtain Ray Rice, Deangelo Williams, and Randy Moss are 1st and round picks. There is no way that you obtained all 3 without cheating. Not to mention that if you did get them in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round, that means Steve Smith, Pierre Thomas, and Philip Rivers dropped to the 4th, 5th, and 6th round which hasn't occurred in 99.6 percent of drafts.

troll

• Leo K

That is a really good team, but you need a little more depth at bench WR, because of bye weeks. Other than that great squad. Also you could probably be able to trade Pierre Thomas for a stellar backup WR just because of his name value (even thought he doesn't have much people will be quick to buy because he's young). Thomas will be splitting carries with Bush (who finally looks like college form) around 60-40 if you asked me. Keep Tomlinson because I saw some clips of him in camp and I think he will definitely surprise a few people, not to mention a generous amount of 3rd Down/Goal-Line carries behind Shonn Greene. Who knows, if Greene doesn't perform up to par, or gets hurt Tomlinson is starting behind a phenomenal O-Line in a run-heavy offense.

Source(s): NFL analyst

pretty solid team. I'm not a McNabb fan, but he'll do alright in Washington. Rivers is a stud. QB's:A

RB's A- : lots of depth, you need Williams and Tomlinson to stay healthy.

WR/TE B: pretty good group, I'd look to upgrade Doucet and possibly Britt

DEF/K B-: Due to weak division, I like the Broncos' D, Cowboys will give up points, but will create a lot of turnovers as well.

I don't think that this team wins it all, but you definitely should have a top 4 team in a 10 team league, good luck.

• Pamela

your bench sucks and tampa bay's defense is suspect. you forget they play in the nfc south with carolina and atlanta. look at the offensive players on those team. there is a lot of points they are going to give up in the those games. none of your bench players are going to do anything for you. maybe bledsoe. for the most part they are either coming off injuries or under performers. so your best case scenario is to hope none of your starters get hurt. mcnabb plays in the nfc central and doesnt have good receivers or a decent back. boldin is great, moss was great, mason wont give u big numbers. johnson is great. bush will be great. witten plays in dallas were terry glenn will get most of the balls and stats. so the starters look pretty good.