CAN I STILL GET A FREE CONVERTER BOX?

I HAVE COM-CAST CABLE AND I WAS TOLD I WOULD NOT NEED A CONVERTER BOX. WE JUST GOT BACK FROM AN EXTENDED STAY IN FLORIDA AND WHEN I TURNED ON MY TV A LOT OF MY CHANNELS ARE GONE. NOW COM CAST TELLS ME THAT I NEED A CONVERTER BOX TO GET THEM BACK. WELL DAH, NOW THERE ARE NOT GOVERNMENT COUPONS. CAN I STILL GET A FREE CONVERTER BOX OR COUPON

Favorite Answer

The free digital converter box coupons that the government was giving out last year was for over-the-air TV signals, not cable signals. Unfortunately, you need a Comcast digital converter box that has been authorized for you to watch those digital channels. But, you don't buy the box. Either they charge you more for the digital service, or they charge you like a buck or two a month to rent the box (or both).

Free Converter Box

can i still get a free converter box

• mgo316

hello what comcast is doing is switching a lot of channels too the digital you know you can get 1 free digital converter box from comcast if u upgrade to the digital starter pack good luck!!!!! ps the converter box your referirng too wont work with cable just tv antennas good luck!!!!!!!