The Crucible Elizabeth Proctor imortant quotes from act II or act III?

I need some quotes that Elizabeth Proctor said in act 1 and 2 that can maybe be crucial for the plotline?

Thank you so much

Favorite Answer

Act II, Scene 1

ELIZABETH, (about Mary Warren) It is a mouse no more. I forbid her go, and she raises up her chin like the daughter of a prince and says to me, "I must go ot Salem, Goody Proctor; I am an official of the court."

ELIZABETH, Aye, it is a proper court they have now. They've sent four judges out of Boston, she says, weighty magistrates of the General Court, and at the head sits the Deputy Governor of the Province.

ELIZABETH, The Deputy Governor promise hangin' if they'll not confess, John. The town's gone wild, I think. She speak of Abigail, and I thought she were a saint, to hear her. Abigail brings the other girls into the court, and where she walks the crowd will part like the sea for Israel. And folks are brought before them, and if they scream and howl and fall to the floor -- the person's clapped in the jail for bewitchin' them.

ELIZABETH, (with a smile, to keep her dignity) John, if it were not Abigail that you must go to hurt, would you falter now? I think not.

ELIZABETH, (softly) I am accused?

ELIZABETH, (crying out) You'll tear it free -- when you come to know that I will be your only wife, or no wife at all. She has an arrow in you yet, John Proctor, and you know it well!

ELIZABETH, I think, maybe, we have been too hard with Mr. Parris. I think so. But sure we never loved the Devil here.

ELIZABETH, (her breath knocked out) Why! The girl is murder! She must be ripped out of the world!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Thank you so much

Source(s): crucible elizabeth proctor imortant quotes act ii act iii: https://tr.im/dL3Jl

Elizabeth Proctor Quotes

Act 2

"I do not judge you. The magistrate sits in your heart that judges you. I never thought you but a good man, John, only somewhat bewildered."

"Spoke or silent, a promise is surely made. And she may dote on it now-I am sure she does- and thinks to kill me, then to take my place."

"It is her dearest hope, John, I know it. There be a thousand names; why does she call mine? There be a certain danger in calling such a name- I am no Goody Good that sleeps in ditches, nor Osburn, drunk and half-witted. She'd dare not call out such a farmer's wife but there be a monstrous profit in it. She thinks to take my place."

"I cannot think the Devil may own a woman's soul, Mr. Hale, when she keeps an upright way, as I have. I am a good woman, I know it; and if you believe I may do only good work in the world, and yet be secretly bound to Satan, then I must tell you, sir, I do not believe it."

Act 3

"Your honor, I-in that time I were sick. And I- my husband is a good and righteous man. He is never drunk as some are, nor wastin' his time at the shovelboard, but always at his work. But in my sickness- you see, sir, I were a long time sick after my last baby, and I thought I saw my husband somewhat turning from me. And this girl- Abigail Williams- I came to think he fancied her. And so one night I lost my wits, I think, and put her out on the highroad. ("Your husband- did he indeed turn from you?") My husband- is a goodly man, sir. ("Then he did not turn from you. Look at me! To your own knowledge, has John Proctor ever committed the crime of lechery? Answer my question! Is your husband a lecher!") No, sir."

PROCTOR: I'll not have it!

ELIZABETH: Then let you not earn it.

(II.65-74)