How to get into film directing and writing?

I am fifteen right now, still have a while until college, but I like to understand everything first before I jump into it. I have been directing short and long films since I can remember. My movies have become more and more mature through the years and I am very serious about becoming a director/writer. II am... show more I am fifteen right now, still have a while until college, but I like to understand everything first before I jump into it. I have been directing short and long films since I can remember. My movies have become more and more mature through the years and I am very serious about becoming a director/writer. II am okay for being just a director for some films, but I definitely want to write my own screenplays for my films. For my movies right now I write hour long screen plays and my family and friends help and act in my films, and I have editing software to get it onto youtube and dvd. I need to be a director I am going to be a director, but additional thoughts would be appreciated. Film festivals I can attend? Good schools? Do I have to live in LA or New York to be a director, and how can I get into directing and writing movies, my idol is M. Night Shyamalan, thank you
1 answer 1