promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

internet security,which one?

i had a virus on my computer a year ago,handed it into a repair shop,they installed ( not cheap ) kaspersky internet security,thing is a year down the line it is now saying it has expired,all that money and it only lasted a year ? i thought it would be for good,has anyone any idea what i can install now that is just as good,and hopefully will not cost as much as this

Update:

hi mr luthor

you are right,i have had no viruses in a year and i do go on facebook etc,i will just see if i can buy it cheaper than the store charged me,

thanks for your help

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Susan, Listen to someone who knows. It's been a year. All paid AV's only have a year sub. Kaspersky is the best AV you will get. It's worth the money. I bet you haven't been infected with anything in year have you? Believe me, A free AV will not protect your machine like Kaspersky will. Kaspersky does it's job. You get your money's worth.

If you go to a free AV look to be infected with most anything at anytime. The two worst paid AV's are Norton & McAfee. They are both over bloated, over hyped memory hogs that will slow your computer down and will not protect it as well as Kaspersky.

The top three free AV's are AVG, Avast & Avira. All three of these cannot hold a candle to the power of Kaspersky. AVG is the sorriest AV on the net. You hang around here and you will find out for yourself how sorry it is. It will not stop a Mal ware infection from downloading. Once downloaded AVG will not remove it.

Avast is a step above AVG. It's problem is with Trojans. The last time i tested it not to long ago it let out of ten malicious URL's it allowed 3 to get through. It doesn't do to well with the Koob Face virus either. If you like hanging around Face book you will get infected.

Avira, Full of faults positives. It just stops running. It will make you think it's running when it really isn't.

No free AV will protect you from Fake AV's. Kaspersky is the only one i have seen so far that will not allow any fake AV's of any kind to download.

I haven't tested Microsoft Security Essentials yet. But i am going to.

The smartest thing you can do is stay with Kaspersky. If you want to give free a try go ahead. Just be very careful where you go. What you download. If you play any face book games or download any music or movies. It's only a matter of time till you get hit. Then you will be going back to your tech to get your operating system reloaded and have to pay for that. You do that 3 or 4 times a year and Kaspersky starts looking cheap.

Never download anything from a 3rd party vendor. Always get your downloads from the original vendors site. 3rd party is a good way to get infected with most anything. TinyURL is a phishing site amongst other things.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Amazing Protection Antivirus Software : http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?Kntb
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Avast! Internet Security [Has Firewall]

Read all its features here. It has a ton of Shields and safeguards.

http://www.avast.com/internet-security

• yo
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

you should look into these very good free antivirus programs

Avira AntiVir Personal Edition

Microsoft Security Essentials

Avast

like i said, they are free, and are considered the best free AV programs, just make sure you download them from their legitimate websites

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Susan Use Avg free & reginout for secure, smooth, error free and speedy computing.

• 10 years ago

i prefer you to download avg internet security 2010

all you want is just visit my blog

u have whatever u want there

i will give you the link

do like what they said

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.