RimoRuRu asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 10 years ago

Which is better; Seoul National University or Yonsei University?

I tried to ask about this before but nobody answered! Please I need help from experienced students , foreigners, native koreans anyone who can give me correct information. I need to know which is better for me to apply for the korean language intensive course for (10 weeks per semester). I heard a lot about Yonsei, but they lack of some facilities that SNU have. I need further information.

No guessing please just students with similar experience or native koreans who attend yonsei or have foreigner friends.

Favorite Answer

my personal favorite is "Seoul National University" It`s very professinal and it might be hard, but if you graduate from them, it`ll be worth it

I don't know about the language program and which course is better. I think there are many foreign students attending Yonsei University. You might want to check out their website:www.yonsei.ac.kr/eng ..They should be able to respond in English.

Anyway, Seoul National University is the best university in Korea. People treat SNU students differently, because SNU is not a private university like Yonsei, and SNU accepts students solely by their academic status. It's just for the actual students of the university thou.

• Donna

Seoul National University is better. However, they're both great.

• Seoul National University = #1 University in South Korea

Yonsei, the people there are nicer.

also it has UIC, Underwood International College, it's for foreigners and is amazing.

Yonsei has a better quality though SNU is the "best"

Unless you are trying to score brownly points wit Koreans, it will not really matter which university you go to. They are also not the only options, you know. There are nationally funded institutions that exist just to teach and promote the Korean language.