Ladies, why are girls only interested in guys who are...?

doctors, lawyers, etc. and see guys that are engineering geologists, hydrographers, environmental engineers, etc as less desireable?

Please don't say it's because they're nerdy. I'm going to school for environmental engineering with an emphasis on water supply protection and I'm good looking and have a more muscular and fit body than any jock.

Favorite Answer

haha, well, to me, the profession doesn't matter

i base off of personality, and (yes this will sound shallow, but I swear i am not shallow) looks, but only a little bit on looks...

Well, because we've stereotyped doctors and lawyers as these rich men that have mansions. We've classified environmental engineers as these tree hugger vegetarians...

I don't speak for EVERYONE. But when I see the word "environmental", the image that flashed through my head is a rugged vegan/yoga instructor off in India to research water supplies. (sorry for being so stereotypical, figured you wanted the honest truth). Yet the women are going to go for the doctors/lawyers because they're more "high class" and the image built around them is a little more...tempting?

The ladies, that you refer to are usually stereotypical. They were raised with money, so now they want to marry someone, who can keep them, in that social world. Real women go for real men, as long as they are good providers, not abusive, and actually WANT to spend time with you, oh and the good-looks, yes I have to say I've never dated anyone that wasn't good-looking, and sweetheart that great body is just a MAJOR PLUS in my book.

So, maybe the problem is you are going for the wrong type of girl! Do you want someone to share your life with? or someone to be an ornament on your arm that isn't going to have time for you unless it's a social event?

What I'm trying to tell you is you sound like a great guy, and if you are talking to worthy girls, and yes we are good-looking, self-reliant, we know how to dress-up, when need be(in other words you do not have to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth, to have a class!) your career choice should not be a problem! Unless of course, that's what you talk about all the time! that could be a problem!

Good Luck!!!

• muench

i do no longer become bored in a guy very lots, and It takes me a whilst to certainly commence coming up emotions for absolutely everyone. at the instant i admire a guy, i've got been liking him for merely approximately 2 years ideal now. What keeps me attracted to him is that he's incredibly humorous, shy, and he's a musician (love musicians!).

ok my life is not the morn so i may not be your desired demographic

if you introduce me to a lawyer then i'll be like ok he's just like me stay arguing this could be a problem... you see what i'm saying? i'm only going to 9th grade (13) but i stay arguing with someone and will do almost anything to prove a point..

doctors i'll be like umm no i don't want you out late (working) and you come back smelling like blood (depending on the kind of doctor yu are)

my only past BF is currently not in school he is selling drugs so i guess you could say this is what i'm attracted to but whatever like i said before i may not be your desired demographic

but to answer your question $$$ money girls need soemone who can provide for them...

I hope girls aren't that shallow. I mean money should not matter at all. Oh and DR's are very nerdy. I'm in med school and just about everyone i know is a huge nerd.

..really? because a girl who is practically gorgeous and nice bodied as well as slightly high maintenance but likes a guy who drinks and is unemployed

• Brad.

Sounds like a 'nice guy' thread in disguise.

We girls have our own opinions. Not all girls are interested into nerds. But some are (I don't know why).

because there rich and have lots of money. simple as that.