Do I qualify for the First Time Home Buyer Tax credit if I bought my house on June 2008?

We bought our house on June 2008, and I was wondering if we qualify for the First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit? We already filled Form 1040X and Form 5405, but we want to make sure that we qualify so we can send the forms. Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Answers

  • Judy
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    The purchase date is OK, so if you qualify otherwise, you should get it. This will be the one with a max of $7500 that is really an interest free loan, and has to be paid back @ $500 a year for 15 years, but it's still a good deal.

  • npk
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

    You qualify for the 2008 $7500 tax credit - an interest-free loan to be repaid over 15 years.

  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

    You need to amend your 2008 tax return. Or your 2007 one, but not the 2009 one.

    Be sure to use the 2007/2008 5405.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.