Is it true that teachers pick favorites?

I hear kids say that sometimes at school and I told my mom about it and says "Oh yeah." At the talent show last year I was with these group of kids and we where doing Mr. Roboto, This guy danced and pretty much sang the whole song and started dancing. The we were in the back and the parts we had to... show more I hear kids say that sometimes at school and I told my mom about it and says "Oh yeah."

At the talent show last year I was with these group of kids and we where doing Mr. Roboto, This guy danced and pretty much sang the whole song and started dancing. The we were in the back and the parts we had to sing "Domo arigato mr. roboto".the thank you part and "seceret,seceret I got a seceret. Everyone loved it and we didn't win. This girl in the group said "Teachers pick favorites! They should pick who the audience cheers for the most."