Not sure doctor helped with my depression?

For the last few months I've experienced a relapse with my depression despite taking medication(Paxil 40mg) for it and decided to see another doctor today as my usual doctor is away on 6 months leave. I've felt very down, irritable and have been crying alot and just feel hopeless. The doctor decided... show more For the last few months I've experienced a relapse with my depression despite taking medication(Paxil 40mg) for it and decided to see another doctor today as my usual doctor is away on 6 months leave.
I've felt very down, irritable and have been crying alot and just feel hopeless. The doctor decided against increasing my med dose or changing meds for me and has instead ordered blood tests and said I should get better if I decrease stressors in my life(cut back hours of work, etc).
What would blood tests achieve if I just want to get better from this depression relapse?