Swollen joints from anorexia nervosa...what specific nutrient is missing?

I have anorexia for the past 10 years have never experienced swollen joints, but now that too is becoming a problem. I will be seeing my physician soon so I'll bring it up then, but I thought I would see if anyone had any insights. Besides the obvious remedy, to eat better (for those who have ever... show more I have anorexia for the past 10 years have never experienced swollen joints, but now that too is becoming a problem. I will be seeing my physician soon so I'll bring it up then, but I thought I would see if anyone had any insights.

Besides the obvious remedy, to eat better (for those who have ever experienced an eating disorder, they know it's not that simple), what specific nutrient could I be missing?

I've read it's edema, which could be related to an electrolyte imbalance, but any other ideas?

Thanks you
Update: *I have HAD anorexia...sorry, the grammar mistake was driving me nuts.
:-P
1 answer 1