Problem, i am having trouble to connect to airport (WIFI) from my Mac, could i please have some help?

Hello, my mac is a power book G4 with os x software with airport (WIFI) inbuilt. I have been able to connect other non-mac laptops to the big pond Thomson TG782T modem through wireless. The mac picks up that there is the network BIG POND33DD2C, but when i type in the WAP password, it sends a message "There was... show more Hello, my mac is a power book G4 with os x software with airport (WIFI) inbuilt. I have been able to connect other non-mac laptops to the big pond Thomson TG782T modem through wireless. The mac picks up that there is the network BIG POND33DD2C, but when i type in the WAP password, it sends a message "There was an error joining the airport network BIG POND33DD2C". Why won't it accept my password? It is the correct one. Is it because my Mac is not compatible with the new modem? i'm really unsure. Thank you for your help