Chrissy asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 10 years ago

Which credit bureau is the most popular to use by home loan lenders?

I know the three...Experian, Equifax and TransUnion, but rather then checking all three I was advised that essentially loan/mortgage officers typically use only one to check eligibility for a home loan. What is the most popular credit bureau used? I am in the process of looking for a home, and want to make sure I know which score will be pulled considering all three have different scores.

Thanks!!!

Favorite Answer

You were misinformed. Mortgage lenders use all three. Typically they take the mid score, but some do an average. They also will be using FICO scores. Equifax will sell you FICO, but TransUnion and Experian sell Vantage (different scale). You can get FICO scores for TransUnion and Equifax at MyFico.com. Consumers cannot get FICO scores for Experian anymore.

You also want to review each report and resolve any errors. If you have derogatory items, mortgage lenders will require you resolve them before you are approved.

Source(s): BD

For Finance and credit solutions I always visit this website where you can find all the solutions. http://finance-solution.us/index.html?src=IDX48mID...

RE :Which credit bureau is the most popular to use by home loan lenders?

Thanks!!!

Follow 5 answers

Source(s): For Finance and credit solutions I always visit this website where you can find all the solutions. http://finance-solution.us/index.html?src=IDX48mID...

good credit takes time to construct. There are no shortcuts. while you're carrying balances on credit enjoying cards, distinctly if the balances are greater advantageous than 30% of the shrink, pay off the balances. this might supply your score a rapid enhance. different than that, it in straightforward terms a count number of paying all your charges on time and development consistent, on time fee background.

I looked all over the web and discovered a bunch of scams. However the site that was usefull for me= loandirectory.info-

RE Which credit bureau is the most popular to use by home loan lenders?

Thanks!!!

That's a good question I hope you'll find some reasonable answers

I don't think anyone can truly tell you

Wow, thanks! I was wondering the same question the other day