Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 10 years ago

What book should I read?

I have to read a book for my online class and they let me choose which one. I'm not sure which one I want to read so please help me decide.

This is the list.

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

A Separate Peace by John Knowles

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Woman Hollering Creek by Sandra Cisneros

Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Myers

The Great Tree of Avalon: The Child of the Dark Prophecy by T.A. Barron

Of Beetles and Angels: A Boy’s Remarkable Journey from a Refugee Camp to Harvard by Mawi Asgedom

Chinese Cinderella: The Secret Story of an Unwanted Daughter by Adeline Yen Mah

The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pitman by Ernest J. Gaines

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

The Hot Zone by Richard Preston

Copper Sun by Sharon M. Draper

Favorite Answer

to hell or to barbados

• Kathy

Some of these are from female perspectives, some may be a little "girly girl" for your liking but others should be okay. I've left both genre on and you can decide. Meryll of the Stone (Brian Caswell) Picnic at Hanging Rock (Joan Lindsay) Stranger with my face (Lois Duncan) Playing Beattie Bow (Ruth Parks) My Sister Sif (Ruth Parks) Hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) Holes (Louis Sachar) Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit Eragorn trilogy Narnia The Golden Compass Interview with a Vampire (Anne Rice) Requiem for a Princess (Ruth M Arthur) Looking for Alibrandi (Melina Marchetta) Angels Gate (Gary Crew) Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants Pelican's Creek (Maureen Pople) The Diary of Anne Frank To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) The Shiralee (Dárcy Niland) Into the Wild (John Krakauer) Chocolat (Joanne Harris) Harp in the South; Poor Man's Orange; Missus (Trilogy by Ruth Parks) Where the Heart is (Billie Letts) My Place (Sally Morgan) Little Women (Louisa May Alcott) Rebecca (Daphne De Maurier) The 3 Muskateers (Alexandre Dumas) Anything by the Bronte sisters or Jane Austen Whatever you do don’t run The December Boys (Robert Noonan)