AS1 asked in SportsBasketball · 10 years ago

Why do people say LeBron quit? BQ inside?

Okay I admit in this years playoffs I didn't see much effort, but look at last years game log against Orlando:

Game 1: 49 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assist

Game 2: 35 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assist

Game 3: 41 points, 7 rebounds, 9 assist

Game 4: 44 points, 12 rebounds, 7 assist

Game 5: 37 points, 14 rebounds, 12 assist

Game 6: 25 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assist

If this isn't enough for the team to win, what more can he do? I totally understand why he HAD to leave Miami, and I also do understand that it is wrong the way he did it.

BQ: Does anyone notice how all of a sudden there are many 'Heat fans'?

@John: Where was the rest of his team?

@Sephiroth 2.0: Not at all. As a matter a fact, I dislike him.

Favorite Answer

He didn't have to leave. He choose to leave.

Both he and Dan Gilbert could have been a little more mature about it when he did leave.

Lebron didn't quit. He spent 7 years of his professional career making something out of nothing of this Cavaliers franchise. If he had only spent a couple there and left, I would consider him a quitter.

The person to blame for all this, which the Cleveland fans are praising as a hero now, is Dan Gilbert and the rest of the management. They should have made deals years ago to have some decent players surround Lebron.

Lebron finally realized that though he may have been able to bring the Cavs to the finals a few years ago, there was no way he was going to be able to outlast a Western conference team like the Lakers in a 7 game series. Not with Varejao and Shaq who is now over the hill.

LJ had to make a tough decision and I believe he made the better one. He wants a ring, simple as that. I would rather be on a team with Wade and Bosh, than the gang of nobody's the Cavs nicely assembled.

As for his legacy everyone is talking about...he would always be remembered for being a great player, but never having the ring if he stayed with Cleveland. He'd be like a more famous Reggie Miller.

• JLD

I don't know. I think people were saying James looked distracted and uninterested in the last few games against Boston, the last game. I think he did give up in the last game though. Judging from those box scores you've put up, game 6, he could have done much more damage. But overall, those are some serious numbers James put up but Boston were clearly better team. And that is why, James left Cavs after 7 years. No help.

• Anyone that watched Games 5# and 6# against Boston know LeFraud quit. On top of that he gave up his role as team leader with the Cavs to be Wade's servant. He's a quitter. Jordan & Kobe would never give up their role as a leader to play someone eleses backup guy!!!

• KrazyJ

Most of them are haters but some are Cav fans who can't admit that his supporting cast is simply horrible. It was not wrong what he did by leaving, it was the way he did it that was wrong. But ultimately he made the right decision and got outta the city that is cursed when it comes to sports.

BQ: There are always banwagon fans everytime a team like this is built with 3 superstars. Same thing happened with the Celtics and Lakers.

• Renae

Answered same exact question before.

Did you watch him? He obviously was not feeling it game 5 and 6; his whole composure was out there. He was always staring out into space in huddles and just never seemed into it. Stats are important, but they're not everything. Same with rings.

I think the quitter term goes more with quitting on his home team. He took the "easy" way out by dislodging himself as a leader and surrounding himself with a bunch of superstars. He couldn't handle the pressure and challenge of winning for his home team, so he bailed out and quit. No legendary player would do that, so I don't think he'll ever go down as a legend.

I would bet all my money if he stuck with Cleveland for a couple more years, they would win the championship. He's only 25, and went "ring-chasing" way too early.

Game 6 in both 2009 and 2010 playoffs equals either quit OR Paul Pierce and Hedo Turkgulu are LOCKDOWN defenders....

Source(s): In reference to Game 6 2009 ECF against Magic I know 25 points, 7 assists and 7 rebounds is good but it's below average compared to what Lebron usually does. This was an elimination game and he didn't even try to go hard like in game 1 and 4...

Because their p*ssies still hurt that they didnt get LeBron.Plus,if they were in LeBron's shoes,Im pretty sure they would have done the same thing.Granted,LeBron did the wrong thing by ditching Cleveland on national televison,but you cant blame the guy.They wanted him to rot his career away(In Cleveland) like KG did.

BQ:Well,what can you do about it?Bandwaggon fans will always be around.Me,Deafpoet9,Heatfan,and some other guys have been here long before we ever got Bosh or LeBron.

I agree that he didn't quit against Orlando , Cleveland just didn't have anyone that could match up with Howard or the deeper bench that Orlando had that's why they got Shaq and Jamison. Also he left Cleveland and not Miami.

• John

cause he did, you need to watch the game not the stats. when someone has the ball in theyre hands 95% of the time, theyre stats will be inflated.

edit: if your talking about orlando, he quit in game 6, not the rest of the series. but he has a history of quitting, he did it in the finals vs the spurs & vs boston this year. what are you talking about where are his teammates? i thought the question was about lebron, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA7vdBgtspo

Youtube thumbnail