GIRLS..what would you think if you found out your boyfriend collected knives?....your mom?

im going to start collecting knives as one of my hobbies, but i don't want it to effect my dating experieneces or whatever....so if you started going out with a guy that collected knives, what would you say, think, or do?

obviously i would know all about them and know how to use them

what would your mom think??

• Peggie
    Favorite Answer

Knives can be and are a symbol of violence.

Most girls will feel very uncomfortable with your collection.

Their moms will NOT like it either. their Dads will absolutely not like you for it.

I have a small collections of knives, and keep them, and my opinion to myself. I do not need to add a 'shock' value to anything I do.

I collect them for myself, keep them (and my comments) to myself.

I am a Mom and if you collected them because you admired a certain knife's craftsmanship or handle design or anything similar to that, I would say it is an acceptable hobby. But if you were collecting them because you thought you might go into knife throwing competition one day with my daughter, THAT, MY FRIEND, I have a problem with.

I just heard a great NPR clip the other day regarding a man who charges $400 an inch to custom-make knives. He has an 18 month waiting list.

Source(s): Already did!

depends, do you mean knives? or swords? Personally, knives would be a turn off for me, it kinda sends a message that the guy likes violence, which means he could potentially be dangerous.For that reason, i don't think any mother would really approve of her daughter's boyfriend collecting knives. But, well you know those samurai swords??? I think those are kinda cool, my cousin and uncle have some, they're just for display. It depends on the quantity of your knives/swords too.

WTF!!! dude you better find a different hobby. I'd look at you and turn right around.

Collecting knives? You know what the first thought that comes to my mind is, "are those knives meant for me?"

Sorry, but that's the truth no matter how much of a nice guy you are.

You're crazy. Get another hobby.

if i started dating a guy who collected knives my mom would tell me to get the **** out that relationship... i dont think thats really gonna turn any gurl it.. it'll just make them more scare of u and some of them owuld dafenately break up with u. so i suggest u take up anther hobby, one that doesnt involve sharp tools that can possibly injure and/or kill someone

well i see no problem with it. if you don't seem like an aggressive person, it wouldn't freak me out at all. most people have collections. i think knives are awesome. ... mom on the other hand might find it creepy!

Wouldn't it be sorta dangerous to start collecting knives if something suddenly happened? Idk, I guess.

I wouldn't mind a bf with such a hobby, as long as it is just a hobby, and he won't use them for real! I don't really care what my mom thinks..

I would think it's cool and a fun hobby. My mom would think the guy is dangerous and is going to turn into a serial killer :)

I would think it was very cool, I've always wanted to collect knives. :) It would be even cooler if you knew how to use them too.

My mum? Well, she would think it was cool as well actually lol.

WTF does collecting knives have to do about your dating experiences? Lots of guys collect knives. As long as you don't obsess over them, what's the problem?

You're mom will probably think you're wasting your money.