What type of headache is this and should i worry?

About 10 minutes ago i got this real bad headache and it feels like its on top of my head kind of pressure. Ive never gotten this type of headache (from what i can remember). I am 16 years old and a female who suffers from panic disorder, so please help me? is this something to worry about?

Favorite Answer

It's not a lot to worry about right now, you can release it and be pain free in less than a minute. Your neck muscles go all the way to the top of your head, they allow it to move. When one of those muscles gets tight you can feel that pain like that in your head. Once you release your neck muscles this pain will be gone. Here's how to release them:

Neck

Put your hands alongside your head so your thumbs are on the front of the muscle under your ear and your fingers are on the back of the muscle behind your head. Squeeze your thumb and fingers together and hold. Relax your body. After 45 seconds, slowly lower your head as far as you can, release the pressure but hold your neck lowered for another 30 seconds.

For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.