Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

What do you know about the Red Sox's injuries?

Buchholtz will pitch in the next series so that is good news. I literally just heard on NESN that Beckett pitched well in his first rehab start against AAA Syracuse. He's going to have another start on friday against a AAA team before rejoining the team (beginning of next week?). Hopefully Martinez will be back shortly after the break but not right away.

does anyone else know anything?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Nick
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ellsbury is comin back soon....

Source(s): RED SOX SUCK GO YANKEES (sorry if ur a sox fan but i've gotta stay loyal to NYC)
  • 1 decade ago

Yup, he pitched well for the PawSox today - 4 innings, giving up 2 hits and 1 run, no walks, striking out 4 and throwing 68 pitches, 42 for strikes, and his velocity was good, reaching 96 MPH. All positive signs, so yeah, hopefully he is back within a week or 2. Buchholz is scheduled to pitch the second game after the break. Martinez, Pedroia, Tek.. I think they're all a while away from coming back. V-Mart was supposedly going to return right after the All-Star break but it's going to take a little longer.. probably at least a couple more weeks unfortunately.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.