Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 10 years ago

How can I use the Excel VBA to control the functions of Mixrosoft Access?

I want to use VB to make a interface in Excel, that one can click a button to call functions in Excel and also in Access.

I want to first copy the data to the Access Database, and then a the data will be proceed in Access.

After proceeding, the data will be sent from Access to Excel this time.

Can I do them by Excel VBA? Thanks you!

Thanks!But I know nothing about COM. Is it difficult to write? Or can I still complete the interface function without using COM?

• Jim
    Favorite Answer

I think so. grabbing hold of the app will be interesting doing though.

usually what I do is record a macro in Excel and then edit the sub in VBA design mode. there may be something in help. you may have to use COM.

I don't know of a way to use the Excel functions in VBA, but you could use VBA to add the functions to specific cells when it creates the worksheet. You'd have to come up with a way to determine where the data is though, since you said it varies. Example: Sub test() Cells(1, 1) = 30 Cells(1, 2).Formula = "=sin(" & Cells(1, 1) & ")" End Sub - Rich