Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

Chocolate chip cookie recipes without brown sugar?

i want chocolate chip cookies, and have no brown sugar. its too late to go out and buy some.

do i need brown sugar?

is there a substitute for it?

thanks!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Here is a lot of good chocolate chip cookie recipes:

Source(s): www.squidoo.com/homemade-cookie-recipe
  • beas
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Cookie Recipe Without Brown Sugar

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I basically took the sugar cookies recipe and just added chocolate chips. They come out great and soft.

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Perfect Paleo Recipe Cookbook - http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?fvHf
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

I made these cookies not too long ago, and just used the white sugar and no brown sugar. The cookies tasted good, but they were crunchy instead of chewy. It's possible, and if you were like me and needed a chocolate chip cookies RIGHT THEN, I think it's worth it :)

• 4 years ago

Make Over 200 Juicy, Mouth-Watering Paleo Recipes You've NEVER Seen or Tasted Before?

• 9 years ago

I've never made these, but it got good reviews...

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup unsalted butter, softened

3/4 cup white sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 cups jumbo semisweet chocolate chips

1 cup walnuts (optional)

Directions

1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

2.In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time then stir in the vanilla. Blend in the sifted ingredients to form a soft dough. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.

3.Bake for 8 to 11 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Source(s): allrecipes.com
  • 9 years ago

You can find recipes on Yummly for just about anything and specify what you don't have -- or don't want to have in them. Great for when you don't want to run out!

http://www.yummly.com/recipes/?rand=1278988492005#...

• 9 years ago

You can make your own brown sugar. Add 2 tablespoons of dark molasses to 1 cup of white granulated sugar and mix well.

• 9 years ago

You can brown sugar yourself in a skillet over medium heat. Don't let it burn.

Another way is to add a small amount of molasses to the sugar.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.