SoxFan4646 asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Why do Yankee fans believe this? I want answers from every club!?

They believe that (based on Yahooanswers, and general public) ever Red Sox fan is a Band Wagon fan and all there fans have been faithful since the day they were born. I will admit the Sox do have some band wagon fans because of the recent World Series and general success, but most aren't. I know live in VA every where you go everyone is a Yankees fan, a Cowboys or Steelers fan, and no one cares about hockey or basketball to much. It's that way because the Yankees have 27 World Series and they wanna gloat and say their team has the most. Are Yankee fans that blind?

• Adam
    Best Answer

I'm a huge Sox fan and I can prove it in one way... at the beginning of the season when it felt like the Red Sox couldn't win a damn game and were 10+ games out of first, I was still watching the games. I have loved them since I was little because of my dad. I'm actually just a huge Boston sports fan in general (And had to endure years of the Celtics and Bruins sucking not too long ago.)

No offense to Yankees fans because I know there are a ton of true Yankees fans but I think they have the most bandwagon fans. I mean, with celebrities and people like that it almost seems like it's a style choice to wear a Yankees hat.

• nksj28

I agree with you. I don't think *every* Red Sox fan is a bandwagoner, but there have been a lot more Red Sox fans ever since 2004, and they give the excuse of "Oh yeah, I'm a huge Sox fan. Loved 'em my entire life." The Yankees, admittedly, have some bandwagon fans too, I'm sure, but they also have fans that have been loyal their whole lives. That's probably true for every team in sports, but the Yankees and Red Sox may have a higher number.

• Every Team from every sport has their Bandwagon Fanbase. I am not only a Yankee Fan but also a fan of the NY Giants(Not of the Cowboys as i hate them.) NJ Nets Fan( Does that team sound like a winner?) & an Islanders fan( A team that hasn't won anything since the 80's.) But back to my point. Every fan is guilty of having their bandwagon base. I also have many Sox Fans who are contacts of mines & i get along very well with.

As a Yankee fan, I don't think Red Sox fans are bandwagon fans at all. I see a ton of bandwagon Yankee fans. it really pisses me off. I went to Fenway for 2 Yankees-Red Sox games this year thinking I was going to get the crap kicked out of me. I actually really liked it their. Red Sox fans are kinda funny I gotta admit

• bored

Every single team in sport has their bandwagoners and loyal fans. Those Yankee "fans" who think they are loyal when they are not and think all Red Sox fans are bandwagoners are thinking the wrong way cause it is actually them. I am a yankee fan and I am sure there are many loyal Yankee and Red Sox fans out there.

Yeah a lot of Yankee fans outside New york are bandwagoners.

Look at Lebron James he's a Yankee and Cowboy fan who grew up in Ohio. Tell me he's not a bandwagonner.

My buddy who grew up in New York in the late 70s-early 80s is a Yankee, Celtic and Steeler fan. Go figure.

• 4-3.

Yankees and Red Sox have the most bandwagon fans in baseball, end of story. Arguing about which team has more bandwagon fans in foolish, both teams have their fair share of bandwagon fans and loyal fans. It is natural for a team with success to have bandwagon fans, a couple years ago I could get tickets to Phillies games easily, nowadays it's near impossible.

The Yankees just buy championships. I would say that if they were in last place, they would lose more than half of their fans. I'm a Cardinals fan and we love our baseball. After all, they say we are the best fans in baseball because we stick with it through thick and thin. The MLB needs to establish some sort of Salary Cap to prevent the biggest cities who have the most money from buying all-star teams.

like 4-3 posted every fan has bandwagon fans look at the rays, and now rangers...comes with the territory, but the Steelers have always had a huge following since way back:)

Every team has bandwagoners except for Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Some team will sweep the Phillies and everybody gets on the wagon then they get swept by the dbacks and everybody jumps off.