Building a house out of cinder blocks?

I'm curious if it is feasible to build a house out of concrete cinder blocks. I'm talking about the large gray bricks with 2 holes and 8x8x16. I know foundations and basements are made with them, so they are definitely strong. Would they be better for keeping heat in in the winter? I would like to build... show more I'm curious if it is feasible to build a house out of concrete cinder blocks. I'm talking about the large gray bricks with 2 holes and 8x8x16. I know foundations and basements are made with them, so they are definitely strong. Would they be better for keeping heat in in the winter? I would like to build about 3,000 square feet, two story with a basement. Would each room need steel beams in the ceiling? Probably finish the outside with stucco or just smooth it out. I'm interested in things like standing up to weather, being efficient to heat and cool, stability, sound dampening, etc. I predict that building with these blocks would provide as such, but I could be wrong.

Do you think zoning laws could be a problem? Like even if architects can make a safe plan, they might deny just because they don't like it?