Are catholics really christians? (non-catholic pov)?

I am catholic and i know catholics are christians i just know others think they aren't. Please tell me why or why not. If you are catholic i know your answer so please don't reply.

Best Answer

Of course Catholics are Christian. Along with the Orthodox, they were the first Christians, and guarded the faith and the scriptures with their very lives.

Blessings.

/Orthodox

@Chris -- brother, pleas stop repeating the same cut and paste false witness against your brothers and sisters in Christ. Much of what you say is not true.

YES.

Micah says:

"Catholics follow the Pope and claim Peter is the foundation of the church and was the first Pope. Catholics follow the Catechism that was written by man and adds and removes what the Bible says."

Chris says:

"Catholicism is not Christian. Catholicism cannot get anyone into heaven, because catholicism teaches works for salvation, and that is a false gospel of works. And catholicism will not give you a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with Jesus"

And that's why you should never listen to fundies like micah and chris, amongst others, on the subject of Catholicism. Not a word of those statements are true. And people like Micah and chris try to make others think that it is. Shame on them and may God have mercy on their souls on that last day!

• lago

I do not consider in "Biblical inerrancy" and but many non-Christians label me as a "fundie" and "evangelical. I take a instead educational/scholarly method to the Bible. However, although I had been to take a thoroughly literal view of the complete Bible (adding the e-book of Revelation) I nonetheless could not justify the perception in an everlasting torture chamber. The wages of sin is demise. The lake of fireplace is the "moment demise" wherein Death and Hades are destroyed ceaselessly. That's why an "everlasting hell" does not make experience. The soul has by no means been assured everlasting lifestyles. That's why Jesus got here...to present us everlasting lifestyles (John three:sixteen). Even everlasting torment in hell remains to be everlasting lifestyles.

I am catholic and the catholic was the first church before the protestantism.. without the Bible compiled in the catholic councils along with the eastern orthodox before the schism.. we were one catholic.. but we are now not in communion.. the orthodox churches are similar and their sacraments are valid...the roman catholicism is Christianity of the western europe read the history.. some say if doesn't matter the history.. but they are not christians because they worship mary.. answer to them.. we don't worship mary.. and we believe in the communion of saints.. the roman catholic church is christian before martin luther.. the catholic church was the only church in Europe.. Martin Luther propose to read the Bible without help and it makes more sects everyday that follow salvation by grace

Pray for Chris,

Chris you do not understand scripture

Just Believing in Jesus is not enough or demons would be saved.

James 2:19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

Luke 4:41 Demons also were coming out of many, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But rebuking them, He would not allow them to speak, because they knew Him to be the Christ.

James 2:24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Mat 13:19 "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road.

And he should read and understand the following:

Mat 5:19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others {to do} the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches {them,} he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rom 16:17 Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them.

Rom 16:18 For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.

Peace be with you

<<<Devout Catholic>>>

• People who say Catholics aren't Christians are just extremely stupid.

I wish I could give you a more in-depth answer than that, but that's how it is, I'm afraid. I mean, open any history book, any dictionary.

According to history of christianity books, they are christian.

They believe Jesus is their savior, which is a main view of most christians, the exceptions being the JWs.

Of course they are. Those who say they are not Christians have been fed a lie by some fundie too idiotic and/or lazy to read a history book.

• leng

Catholic are Christians; they acknowledge Jesus Christ is the son of God, the messiah.

• Catholics are the first christian denomination.

Ask this retarded people that think the opposite to read a history book.

Source(s): I'm an atheist, by the way.