Spybot Search & Destroy has stopped working?!?
Okay, so a month or two ago, spybot froze in the middle of a scan, and crashed.
I restarted it, it froze and crashed again.
I restarted my computer, and spybot scanned normally, but found nothing. This was unusual because it usually finds maybe 10-20 things each scan.
I have scanned several times since then, and it has still found nothing. I still go on the same websites, and probably get the same things, but it just won't pick them up.
Is anything wrong? Can I fix it? Do I have to get a different program? Could it be a virus? How would I get rid of it? T_T
- hero no .1Lv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
Spybot is a decent anti-spyware engine . But in case you want to confirm , that you are not infected .
I suggest you download -
SuperAntiSpyware Portable Version - This version does not install itself and contains latest virus
definations , so you do not need to update it . You can scan it on any system which does not has
internet or has lost internet connection .
- Sly_Old_MoleLv 71 decade ago
there is a rootkit which can stop Spybot Search & Destroy from working, its called trojan TDss rootkit.
Try the following:
norman tdss cleaner:
If the above scans remove anything, update spybot & do a scan; same with your AV, also run free malwarebytes.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
alright here you go a lay out for a secure and clean pc
1. make sure nothing on it so go to http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/defau… that will clean any virus etc you have then
2. get comodo system cleaner powerful but safe deletion and makes backup too http://www.comodo.com/home/download/down…
4. get threatfire http://www.threatfire.com/ it scans for rootkits and is always running in back ground
5. get malwarebytes to run when u want http://www.malwarebytes.org/
6. make sure you degrag system after this
7. get firefox it is safer and u can configure it how you want if you want http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/per…
all of the things i mentioned above are free and will keep system completely safe make sure to keep everything up to date and keep system up to date with microsoft and java and adobe too..... you may not like the defense + thing in comodo you can disable it so it doesn't bother you just an added layer of securitySource(s): personal experience
- sandyLv 71 decade ago
spybot is not good anymore use these two they are ten times better and both are free malwarwebytes and superantispyware get at cnet .com
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago