A undercover cop took my drivers license?

I was pulled over by an undercover police officer. He, on the megaphone of his car, ordered me off my cruiser and to walk towards his car. I followed his commands, he asked me to present my drivers license, so I did. He then took my drivers license, got back in his car and told me to go to the police station (obviously the one closest to where we were). Anyway, heres my question. Can a police officer just take my drivers license, drive away, and tell me to meet him somewhere?

Favorite Answer

First of all do you know if it was a police officer or a person who just said he was?

There would be no reason for him to take your DL and then allow you to drive with no license anywhere.

Did you go to the police station? What happened?

You need to put more detail in your question, because the way it reads now is you just had your DL stolen, and you need to file a police report

Source(s): Law enforcement 30 years, 25 as a supervisor
  • Jay

Yes. Chances are that an undercover officer does not have a ticket book so its the best way to make sure that you will show up at the station.

• ?

yes, but you are not required to meet him anywhere.

As far as you were concerned, a person impersonating an officer pulled you over, stole your license from you, and left.

That's your story. Stick to it.

how do you know he was a police officer? did you see his id?

it might have been a phony officer who now has your id to commit crimes...

No