Am I really an "exempt payee" on the w-9?

I've looked up about 10 different answers to this question and everyone says that generally, yes, sole proprietors should check exempt status if they have not been notified otherwise by the IRS. But the form says: "Generally, individuals (including sole proprietors) are not exempt from backup... show more I've looked up about 10 different answers to this question and everyone says that generally, yes, sole proprietors should check exempt status if they have not been notified otherwise by the IRS. But the form says:

"Generally, individuals (including sole proprietors) are not exempt
from backup withholding. Corporations are exempt from backup
withholding for certain payments, such as interest and dividends."

And then it lists a bunch of specific exceptions, like financial institution, District of Columbia, real estate investment trust, or United States agency. But nothing that sounds like it applies to me at all. What is going on??
Update: Ghost of Zeus, why does every single other answer I've found say that basically everyone is exempt?? Did you read my question? That was it.