Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

ThisGuy asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Should we invade Venezuela?

Venezuela stands to be a military opponent at some point in the future, due to how their leaders are bent against us and brainwash their people into thinking the same, and I don't think any amount of oil trade is going to change that.

Annexing Venezuela or otherwise instituting regime change would add to our oil reserves by 75% entering a century when we are finding less and less oil while demanding more and more.

Venezuela has ties to other enemy states and exports arms to them. Removing Venezuela would be removing a major player.

What do you think?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh goodness no.

First off, they haven't done anything to warrant it. We'd be violating international law, sovereignty, there'd be so much bloodshed for unnecessary reasons....etc.

Oh, and we''re already blowing enough cash on the military when our economy's in the tank because we're ensconsed in so many other countries.

• 1 decade ago

There are lots of bad countries in the world, and unless they are a direct threat to us, we can not go around invading them.

• Tobby
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I think we should invade everything from the Texas border plum to the tip of S.A. Proclaim it the United States property, tax it all like we are being taxed, & put all laws we the people have to follow there, reinstate the Draft & have them pay the price WE the people have paid for our Freedoms! & get rid of Welfare! I think you all can see where I'm going with this! I congradulate & say thank you all that joined where there was no draft! Excelsor!

Source(s): Tulsa Patriot! Vote out the bad guys this coming elections!
  • 1 decade ago

No, I'm not even going to coment on that. And tobby, your about as smart as my grandmother with altimers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no we shouldnt...they are well armed..they buy a lot of weapons from russia

• 1 decade ago

should we? no.

will we? probably the next time conservatives are in control.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.