Why do Mexican born Mexicans hate American born Mexicans so much?

As a 4th generation born Mexican American, its already difficult enough being in an all White society that stereotypes you, but its even worse being hated by your own race. Why such animosity?

Favorite Answer

As a Mexican who is actually from Mexico, I can tell you that the great majority of us do not hate American born Mexicans. On the contrary to what someone here said, we are not jealous of the fact that they have "papers" to live in the United States (or at least most of us aren't). Let's get this straight; the majority of Mexicans have no interest in migrating to the United States. I have papers, I am currently studying in the US, and honestly, I like living in Mexico better (I still think the US is a great country though).

And no, we are not poorer than American-born Mexicans either. There are many Mexican-Americans who are below the poverty line and a lot of rich people in Mexico. It's sad to see how many stereotypes there are about Mexico and its people even today. Please do not judge us based of what you see on illegal immigrants. Most people who come to the United states illegally are poor, uneducated (and for some reason, a lot of them are dark-skinned with indigenous features) and do not at all represent the majority of Mexicans.

And by the way, it does not bother me at all if they "act white", whatever that means.

One of the things that I do dislike about American born Mexicans is the horribly incorrect Spanish that *some* of them speak. But other than that I don't see any reason to hate others based on where they were born.

To Garcia: " i truly do feel sorry for mexican born mexicans

the whole country is corrupt and they also lack many opportunities".

Well, I feel sorry for those who speak out of ignorance based only on what they see on the media. Yes, for these past few years especially, we have been plagued by organized crime and corruption, and we are sick of it. But the way the American media portrays Mexico is very inaccurate. Mexico is a first, second, and third world country all at the same time depending on where you live. Many Americans are shocked when they come across upperclass, educated, and/or white Mexicans.

• CARLOS4 years agoReport

I completely aggre with you .Donald Trump said they don't bring their best.

I am a Hispanic American with roots in Mexico. I am not ashamed of my heritage, but I get upset when Mexican people come to America waving the Mexican Flag shouting "viva Mexico". If you want to come visit or even live here, leave your Mexican Flag on that side of the border.

I'm not trying to be single-sided but a lot of American born Mexicans feel that they are superior and a lot of Mexican born Mexicans feel that American born Mexicans are in a sense, traitors, being that few actually know about their heritage and the only thing that constitutes them as Mexicans is their physical appearance.

I think you can also see this trend in the Norteno-Sureno situation.

• Melina4 years agoReport

I think it's YOUR perception and low self esteem that leads you to believe that.

lol cuz u got papers and they dont =p.

But seriously tho , i see it as a jealously thing , Not to mention they might feel like you act " white" , when u should go full out mexican. Which in my eyes is ridiculous , Im not mexican i am latino and most of my friends are white , but ur right u get anmosity from both sides White or Latino , Because both sides expect u to act a certain way. I hate the fact Many latnos give me a bad name , because they speak and act for themselves they are not representing me! And its not all whites that stereotype ( although majority) but every race does too. As humans we make generalizations and stereotypes about others just by seeing 2-3 people acting stupidly , and we just assume everyone of their nationality acts like them. Eventually tho Mexicans and other immigrants will blend into American society just like other immigrants and the stereotypes will decrease.

I lived in California for years and the way I see it, Mexican American or not hate alot of different people. PERIOD

Source(s): HATERS

Because most Mexican Americans are super ghetto. But what mainly gets to me is people who speak "Spanglish." UGH I just wanna tear your damn face apart. Anyway, it also ******* gets to me that many Mexican Americans speak English with an accent, yet they don't speak Spanish! WTF is that, where the hell do you get the accent from, then!? Most Mexican Americans are an embarrassment to Mexico. Most give us a very bad representation. Rant over.

Source(s): From Mexico City, but I live in Texas. I absolutely ADORE Texas, but I will never forget my Mexican culture.
  • Garcia

its because the mexican born ones know how hard life in mexico is

and they see that mexican americans have so many opportunities but some of them dwindle them away.

i have distant relatives in mexico that hate my immediate family just because we are americans

envy plays a big part

but i truly do feel sorry for mexican born mexicans

the whole country is corrupt and they also lack many opportunities

both of my parents came here legally and im 1st generation

• Julio

No, I've never heard of such animosity.

Actually what I've heard is quite the opposite, that "Mexican Americans" don't treat newly arrived Mexicans very well.

Source(s): Mexican living in Mexico.
    • Melina4 years agoReport

stay there, we don't need jealousy within our own community.

• Pamela

maybe because you cant be called an 'immigrant' unlike most mexicans who prolly weren't born in america and may resent you for that fact. Since they may be prejudiced because of their citizen status.

Lol man this world wierd everyone is racist people born here in the us from mexico parents some say with pride raise the american flag but then white people tell them but you aint even american or white enough so it's a wierd place man