Hi guys.I have a 500GB Seagate External Hard Drive and 4 days before it fell down from the table & doesnt work?

I have a 500GB Seagate External Hard Drive and 4 days before it fell down from the table & doesnt work. I Dont think it would have damaged tat much cuz the height of the would be jus a feet or two. When i connect my hard disk to my system it takes a long time to read and shows up after sometime in My Computer and... show more I have a 500GB Seagate External Hard Drive and 4 days before it fell down from the table & doesnt work. I Dont think it would have damaged tat much cuz the height of the would be jus a feet or two. When i connect my hard disk to my system it takes a long time to read and shows up after sometime in My Computer and If i try to open it it says " I/O Device Error". Dont even know wat to do?! Have lots of important data in tat. Is there any software or way to recover my data?!. Please help and thanks in advance...
Update: It has already fell down 2 times but nothing went wrong like this. Please help me guys :(