hi guys.I have a 500GB Seagate External Hard Drive and 4 days before it fell down from the table & doesnt work?

I have a 500GB Seagate External Hard Drive and 4 days before it fell down from the table & doesnt work. I Dont think it would have damaged tat much cuz the height of the would be jus a feet or two. When i connect my hard disk to my system it takes a long time to read and shows up after sometime in My Computer and If i try to open it it says " I/O Device Error". Dont even know wat to do?! Have lots of important data in tat. Is there any software or way to recover my data?!. Please help and thanks in advance...

It has already fell down 2 times but nothing went wrong like this. Please help me guys :(

by fact that they have the comparable velocity and potential, i choose maxtor one touch... i attempted western digital yet in my laptop its not working says that thecontinual can't be detected and whilst my chum tried it in his laptop its worked properly nevertheless we've comparable standards yet working in diverse mainboard... i've got found out its picky, demands wisely matched device... If i've got been u, i choose for maxtor or seagate the two final for 5 yrs, looking on utilization with 3 yrs guarantee.

Very likely its no fixable they are very delicate im pretty sure you can recover data i would bring it to a computer shop and see what they tell you good luck = )

srry man its busted