how can i be more spiritual without being "religious"?

i grew up in a baptist/pentecostal home. i was a christian for some time. i came to a point in my life where i realized i did not want to be a christian, because i simply don't believe most of what the bible says. with that being said, i do believe in a higher power. should i meditate? look up different philosophers?

any suggestions would be appreciated!

thanks

Favorite Answer

Good question. i will try my level best to answer. i will be happy if it gives you satisfaction. Now, we will go the answer.

your question is this: how can i be more spiritual without being religious ?

Now my answer. The role of the human spirit is generally a passive or inactive one. The soul on the contrary is always active. Our spirit works as a protective womb for the presence and the motions of the Spirit of the Living God within us. It is very much connected with our hearts, and our consciences. The highest ideal in human life is the attainment of Perfection. This Perfection is full of peace and happiness. Peace and happiness can be attained by repeating God's name silently.

Spirit is the aggregate of intellect and will. Some of these people have rejected religion because of a bad experience in the past. Spirituality allows one to connect to God through thoughts and experiences, while being religious involves belonging to a specific religion. Religious has more public connections through formal rituals and adherence to doctrine. Here are ways you can achieve higher spirituality without religion.

Practice spiritual meditation. This can help you attain inner peace or achieve spiritual goals. Consider joining a meditation center if you need help during a difficult time.

Volunteer for an organization that aims to bring about positive change or helps others in need. Working beside other volunteers will provide you with insights to both spiritual and religious models. Address the needs of others around you.

Seek the company of other spiritual individuals who can help you along the path. There are many online resources or join a spiritual group. Discover spirituality workshops and retreats in your area.

Visit welcoming religious and spiritual centers that will connect you further with your growing spirituality.

Record your thoughts in a daily journal. Use this time as an opportunity to reflect on your spiritual health and track spiritual goals.

First we will see positive side of spiritual beliefs.

Happy Beliefs

There is meaning to life.

My consciousness is eternal.

Intent can alter probabilities.

This is Earth School.

There is no blame.

My disability is purposeful.

Any reincarnation system

I get exactly what I need.

This is a safe world/universe.

Next, the ''not positive'' spiritual beliefs.

Unhappy Beliefs

Life has no meaning.

Consciousness dies with my body.

Probabilities don't depend upon thoughts.

Life events are random.

It's important to blame correctly.

My physical disability is unjust.

One time around

I am a victim.

This world is unsafe.

Choosing to have a spiritual base is helpful to maintain an open mind and heart to the many possibilities of the unique mind powers that usually lie dormant within each one of us. By opening your heart and mind up to spirituality you bring yourself closer to God and are more able to develop or enhanced spiritual abilities.

You don't have to be religious to believe in God or for that matter to love him and live your life for him. People are steadily pulling away from the worship places because of dogma; but even though they are they should still hold strong to their belief in a higher power. With all the troubles in the world people aren't running to the worship places but away from them. Thereby, leaving15 percent of the nation as non-religious and steadily increasing. Many folks have just had enough of narrow minded religious views. Furthermore, they fall short of our belief system, our laws, and our ethical principles that apply to our modern times.

thanks for the opportunity !!!

• Watch Babylon 5. Seriously. It's a show written by an atheist, but deals with spirituality (and people's various perspectives of it) very well.

• I think that you are feeling that emptiness from what is missing in your life. I believe you know what that is because you experienced it before. Why don't you believe the Bible? Have you truly read it to get proof that it is wrong or unbelievable? Are you sure you are not just believing Satan's lies? Is this the higher power you are choosing to believe in? What higher power do you believe in? You are searching for something to believe in but are grasping for all of the things that are not true. don't you remember that all of those others will not satisfy and will never do anything for you - except Satan - he will bring you to eternal damnation. We are either FOR God or against Him. I'll be praying for you.

Source(s): life Bible

Good question, I look forward to the answers. I too rejected the Bible - it was written by human beings who claimed to speak on behalf of God and that's not enough for me to believe it's divine.

no, my dad says God says it bad to meditate, and everything in the Bible can be proven, and just try it, but have more Faith, accual faith and dont rely on what you see. PRay with your heart and youll be blessed like me ;). and no you cant be spiritual without being religious becz the point of being spiritual is being religous.

• j

You ever hear girls say that? "I'm not religious, but I'm spiritual." I like to reply with "I'm not honest, but you're interesting!" - Daniel Tosh

Bible itself is a philosophical book, and you can interpet different parts of it differently, many moral proverbs came from the bible.

you can try t read on buddism

communion of mind and nature.

try lao tzu or other oriental philosopher.

Give up the belief of jesus for starters. and research other beliefs like Buddhism and Paganism, and then take in philosophy instead of religion.