Your Death Note rating?????

I'm thinking about watching Death Note but I cannot stand scary things.

For example, I cant watch Scream or Chuckie or any type of scary movie.

So my question is how gruesome, horror-ish is Death Note?

Is there like TONS of gore or what?

Any of your opinions will be helpful, thank you:)

Thank you everyone!! You all had such great answers that I cant choose one, so I'm going to leave it up to the voters.

I also think I'm going to give Death Note a try:)

Best Answer

Death Note isnt scary...well, maybe for Ryuk and the other Shinigami's...not scary to me though..have a look at them...and if you fear what they look like, the i suggest dont watch it 8D but if you are ok with them, the go ahead and watch it :D

Death Note is not gruesome or have the genre of horror.

Death Note's genre is pretty much a psychological, game.

Yes there are death's due to the use of the Death Note, but its nothing overwhelmingly explicit like Hellsing or Devil May Cry xD

It is a very smart, well made anime. Its also very confusing IF you do not pay attention, or if you do not understand the basic's of the Death Note or the jist of the plot. If you do not understand what's going on within the first few eps then i suggest just drop the anime :)

But other than that, no gore, horror or frightening stuff that would make you scream. Its a dark anime, with a bright brain.

I love it lololol!!

If you cannot stand the anime, then read the manga. To me, i find the manga a lot better than the anime, but over all, i like them both :D

Source(s): Seen, read and played all Death Note related stuff :D
  • Death Note is not scary and don't have gore scenes

It more of a psychological type

Death Note gets a 10 in the story department, because of the way the plot unravels. With great and power and ambition, Yagami Light is forced to play a chair gripping game of cat and mouse with those who seek to detain him. The way L attempts to persecute Light is something I have never witnessed in an anime. The first 15 episodes will magically draw you closer and closer to the scene as suspense hangs over their individual methods for identifying the other. You will not be disappointed.

Death Note is an excellent anime and the little gore involved is worth it for the great writing.

There is some gore involved, but it is not that bad, there is blood, and there are gruesome scenes, but it's nothing like Berserk or something of that nature.

It isn't a horror anime. It's a psycho-thriller, and it's fantastic. So don't let your fears stop you from watching it :)

Death Note isn't a horror anime. It's a psychological thriller. It's a bit hard to explain but whilst there are supernatural/unrealistic components in it, its set in the 'real world' and makes you think about and question some intense moral issues. I love this anime, its suspenseful but also has its funny moments (and characters), and the plot is just genius. So don't worry about blood thirsty serial killers/curses/possessed dolls/other stupid things in horror movies (yeah I don't like them either >.<), and give Death Note a try :)

It's not THAT gore-ish. Just some blood. It is scary but intriguing. Worth watching, trust me. And it's not scary like Chuckie^^, it's all about a Note that can kill people lol

Hi there.

Death Note is the most intelligent and tense of them all, it has no severe gore and is NOTHING like Scream or (God forbid) Chuckie. Not really a horror at all, I would say.

It has its moments, yes, people do die, but being an anime they are not so much in your face - it is riveting and philosophical stuff, you will enjoy it.

Good luck, Steve.

I give death note a 10/10* Its not scary, a tiny-tiny creepy at times thats about it. Its epic and Vary intresting!! I never thought i would like it because i hate scary things, but i really like it now. and i plan on re-watching it!

Source(s): dn fan & L-fan

death note is a great anime, though i found what they did to two of the main characters stupid and not needed...