What is the biggest age gap between partners that would be tolerable for you?

What is the biggest gap that you would allow?

Do you know anyone who has a large age gap in their relationship?

Feel free to share past experiences and stories.

Best Answer

Age is realistically only a number. You love who you love. I am 15 years older than my wife. We have been married very happily for 7 years. Its not for everyone. Realistically, I didn't think I could do it. But It has worked great.

Its not for everyone though.

I am in a big age gap relationship but to me it is an exception. I was never really into much older guys but the guy I am with is the exception to my rule. Other than him I don't think I would want anyone more than 10 years older, preferably under 5.

If both people are adults and both are physically competent, meaning no one is taking advantage of anyone, then I feel there should be no age gap. I have known couples a happily marries 40 years apart. Don't know how but they were happy and they told their families to kiss the rear ends.

about 5 years

1 year younger, 3 years older. (Not completely sure though. Age and personality don't always correlate.)

"do i know anyone.." I guess.. The largest gap i know of is 22 years. For me thats extreme but who am i to say what is or isnt "true love"

my parents were 9 years apart, then they divorced. i think alot is pretty gross, more then 10 should be a no, more then 5 should be questionable, for me i like to be close, less then 5 and im talking about when im older, not know...i definetly wouldnt date an 11 year old haha im 16... BUUUT even if your 30 and u love someone who is 50 love is love sooooo yeaah

My parents have sixteen years between them and they've been happily married for twenty-one years.

The biggest gap I'd want is twelve years.

my sis was 17 and married her hubby of 30 . I would never allow that 4 my daughters. they are still married after 30 yrs.

well, i think the agegap becomes less important when you're older. for teens, you can't be dating someone 10 years older than you, but when you're 65, its plenty acceptable to dat with a larger range of ages.

about above 7 years.When I was at my first job,a colleague is 8 years old than me.What he thought is very different with me.So we often quarrel often.At last I couldn't bear him and I resigned.