I have an anoxic TBI adult son?

He does not qualify to live anywhere, What do I do? He is 46 & I am65 and my nerves are shot.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

there are supported living,group homes,and residential care for people 'just' with brain injury,if have got none exactly locally-look in the next area,as unfortunately not all areas have the right places for peoples needs.

contact a national brain injury charity for advice as well as what others are saying,woud link to some-but dont know americas services.

there also shoud be a carers charity,we have one here [UK] called crossroads,which supports the carer in all parts of their life,hopefully have got that type of charity to where are living,as carers need help as well.

• 10 years ago

talk to your county social worker (if you don't have one, get one!), they usually have resources available for cases like this. If he has a diagnosis of TBI odds are there is a program out there somewhere... Good luck!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I think this is a very personal decision you need to make with your family and doctors.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Tries way which lets him choose, you are unable to control that many

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.