I have an anoxic TBI adult son?

He does not qualify to live anywhere, What do I do? He is 46 & I am65 and my nerves are shot.

Favorite Answer

there are supported living,group homes,and residential care for people 'just' with brain injury,if have got none exactly locally-look in the next area,as unfortunately not all areas have the right places for peoples needs.

contact a national brain injury charity for advice as well as what others are saying,woud link to some-but dont know americas services.

there also shoud be a carers charity,we have one here [UK] called crossroads,which supports the carer in all parts of their life,hopefully have got that type of charity to where are living,as carers need help as well.

talk to your county social worker (if you don't have one, get one!), they usually have resources available for cases like this. If he has a diagnosis of TBI odds are there is a program out there somewhere... Good luck!

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I think this is a very personal decision you need to make with your family and doctors.

Tries way which lets him choose, you are unable to control that many