Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Hi people i need help about weight loss anyone that has lost weight help please!!!!?

well im 18 years old and weight 190 i want to weigh 150 i need to lose 30 pounds and i was wondering if i could lose those 30 pounds in a month the longest 2 months any tips about diet and exercise i was thinking watching what i eat and doing 600 crunches during the day 200 in the morning 200 in the afternoon and 200 before i go to bed and taking a 15 to 20 min run in between what do you all think will this help me achieve my goal. Also i use to weigh 220 going on to 230 i managed to lose 30 pounds i have no idea how im guessing my new job help because i would still eat crappy food and not exercise but now i really wanna lose those extra 30 pounds to be at my healthy weight so if you could give me your opinions and advice that would be great thanks alot for who ever contributes.

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can lose that much weight in about 3 months.

Here are some great tips to help:

First of all, the most important thing you must remember with weight loss is that it does take time. It takes time for that extra weight to pile on, it will take even longer for it to fall off. That's the biggest thing I hate about weight loss, honestly. But in the long run, your patience will pay off with a happier, healthier you! 3 - 6 pounds is the most you can probably lose in two weeks, but that depends on how over weight you are. If you're like me, and need to lose maybe 20 - 30 pounds, we can lose about 4 on our first week or two of really working at it (at the very most, bear in mind, it will probably be 4 the first, 2 - 3 the next) and the rest of the time it will be 1 or 2 pounds a week. So, figuring from that information, it will probably take 3 - 4 months for ME to lose my weight.

As for what to eat, calorie amount, etc etc...

Well, the number one thing to remember is that you should not take in less than 1200 calories, or else your body will go into starvation mode, and you'll probably wind up gaining weight instead. Your body will burn muscle instead of fat, causing a very unhealthy and unattractive look. You don't wanna go down that road. Eat around 1200 - 1600 calories a day, maybe even more, depending on your activity level, height, weight, age, sex, and target weight.

The best foods to eat would definitely be vegetables (carrots and celery are very very good), fruits (apples and berries are very good too, both speed the metabolism, as well as celery and carrots do. but try not to live off ONLY fruits. they are good, good for you and they taste sweet, but they due to tend to have a high sugar content in them), low-fat dairies (good for vitamins, calcium and protein, but most are so high in fat, so keep the intake to a minimum) whole wheat products and lean sources of protein (such as eggs, turkey, chicken, fish, nuts, lentils, chick peas, and beans). Drink 2 - 3 liters of water daily, and I'd recommend some green tea (natural, with no sugar). Try to avoid sugary, fattening foods, diet/regular soda, fruit juices, fast food, white bread products and red meats. Also, make sure you eat just about 6 meals a day instead of 3. Make them small and healthy. Foods high in fiber are good too, because they fill you up with less food.

The best thing for exercise is cardio. It burns alot of calories and fat. I'd do 45 minutes of cardio every other day, and on the days you don't do cardio, do strength training to build muscle, which also burns fat.

Here are some cardio exercises to do:

Swimming

Jogging

Power Walking

Walking/Running On A Treadmill

Bicycling, rather on a normal bike or an exercise bike

Jump Rope

Running In Place

Stair walking

Oblique Twists

High Knees

Butt Kicks

Dancing, rather just a dance routine or DDR, is also a good way to burn fat and calories, if you move enough. Barely swaying your hips and moving your feet a little won't do it! Blast that dance music and dance that booty off!!

There are many different forms of just about every strength exercise. Find the ones you like best and do about 15 reps 3 times in your strength routine.

Don't forget to mix up the routine after about 2 weeks. Add more reps, do new moves, exercise longer, run faster, run farther. Whatever you can do to mix it up!!

Always stay away from fad diet and diet products because they do NOT work at all!

Hope this helps some!!!

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Lose lbs fast with this... https://nimbleurl.com/?68edw
  • 1 decade ago

If you wish to lose weight and get nice abs, here is a great plan I especially recommend of.

in the plan you get:

* 55 Shocking best fat-burning foods that a lot of them you possibly never thought of.

* two very critical foods that you probably eat a lot and should never touch again.·

* a couple of Motivation secrets for lifelong fitness victory.

* an amazing solution for reducing the junk-food craving.

* a batch of workout routines that will burn your belly fats a lot faster than any other work-out.

* The TRUTH about getting flat abs without bogus "fat burner" capsules.

to learn more, check out this website below. Hope that helps. :)

• 1 decade ago

600 crunches a day is ridiculous, i dont see the point of that at all

what you need to do is cardio because thats what burns of the fat

also try incorporate weights into your workout and you should see improvements

make sure you vary your routine so that you dont plateu your weight loss

ive lost 21.5kg now and i didnt do it by doing crunches, that only builds the muscle but wont burn the fat covering them.

good luck :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Hitting the gym is important for weight loss

• 5 years ago

Flaxseeds will help you in lossing weight

• 5 years ago

Participate in sex atleast 3 times in a week

• 5 years ago

Walk at least 15 mins after your meals

• 5 years ago

Consume honey before bed because consumption of honey may help to burn more fat during those early hours of sleep

• 5 years ago

45 minute jog at a 10 minute mile pace

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.